Right To Refuse Service - The Law
Lee
2015-04-14 15:58:55 UTC
Restaurants: Right to Refuse Service

Do Restaurants Have the Unrestricted Right to Refuse Service?

No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
In addition, most courts don’t allow restaurants to
refuse service to patrons based on extremely arbitrary
conditions. For example, a person likely can’t be
refused service due to having a lazy eye.

But Aren’t Restaurants Considered Private Property?

Yes, however they are also considered places of public
accommodation. In other words, the primary purpose of
a restaurant is to sell food to the general public,
which necessarily requires susceptibility to equal
protection laws. Therefore, a restaurant’s existence
as private property does not excuse an unjustified
refusal of service. This can be contrasted to a nightclub,
which usually caters itself to a specific group of
clientele based on age and social status.

So Are "Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" Signs in Restaurants Legal?

Yes, however they still do not give a restaurant
the power to refuse service on the basis of race,
color, religion, or national origin. These signs
also do not preclude a court from finding other
arbitrary refusals of service to be discriminatory.
Simply put, restaurants that carry a "Right to Refuse
Service" sign are subject to the same laws as restaurants
without one.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/restaurants-right-to-refus
e-service.html
AlleyCat
2015-04-14 21:35:07 UTC
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 10:58:55 -0500, Lee says...
Post by Lee
Restaurants: Right to Refuse Service
Do Restaurants Have the Unrestricted Right to Refuse Service?
No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
Then why do Muslims get away with it, wee wee wrangler?

Please explain to me the interest you hating gays have for people of faith
not wanting to cater weddings BECAUSE of their faith, but give Muslims a
pass, when they are expressing THEIR faith in not wanting to cater your
faggot weddings?

If YOU owned a bakery and Westboro Baptist Church members came in wanting
a cake that read: "God Hates Fags"... would you do it?

Just answer the question... no rationalizations required. Yes or no. I
must be crazy to expect that from you though.

Leftists and homosexuals are in LOVE with Obama...
Obama is a Muslim. Even if he's not, he's such a huge sympathizer, that
he's got all you gays and libertards synced to the bullshit of Islam being
a "peaceful" religion and can do NO harm. Obama acts as though Islam has
made marks on the world's societies as if they were anywhere NEAR the 21st
century in thought and practice. They live in the Stone Age.

They KILL gays in their countries, Lee... why do you STILL look upon them
with anything less than outright disgust? They treat gays and women like
chattel, stoning them and keeping them hidden.

As for why that baker isn't being sued? WHAT and how can they be sued? No
gays were harmed in the filming of that video. Maybe some took offense,
but they are so in love with Obama, they won't sue. Besides, Eric Holder,
ANOTHER closet Muslim or sympathizer, won't allow it.

Why do you accept Muslim's religious convictions, that say YOU should be
killed? Even IF you're not homosexual, you ARE still queer enough for them
to want to kill you, on sight.

And yet another point worth making, but libertards won't discuss.

Last week, liberal bullies tried to take down a Christian owned pizzeria
for absolutely no reason. A desperate reporter basically went "bigot
shopping," got some sort of tip that the owners of Memories Pizza were
Christians, and asked them if they would cater a gay wedding.

Note that they've NEVER been asked (Because really, who does that? Pizza?
At a wedding? Maybe it's just me.) and they've NEVER denied service to
anyone just for "being gay."

MSM and the liberal jerks of America tried to squash the business, but
freedom-loving Americans showed the libs up, big time. The pizzeria's
GoFundMe campaign closed with $842,387 in donations, and I'm willing to
bet if would have been way over $1 million if they left it open another
day. That's America at its best. Individual Americans reacting to
government intrusion. It's truly a beautiful thing.

But liberals are really mad about it. They even tried to launch some
bizarre conspiracy theory that Memories Pizza orchestrated this entire
thing specifically to get online donations.

But anyone with an Actual Brain knows that's not true.

So what are the angry liberals to do? Launch their OWN GoFundMe campaigns!

According to that sourcelink, one LGBT activist, Jason Nguyen, launched a
counter-campaign called "Love Is Stronger Than Hate." The goal is set at
$1 million, (they obviously need to rake in more than Memories Pizza) and
they need to reach that goal to prove that "efforts to advance civil
rights can win more support than those seeking to curtail them." He plans
to give all the donations to the nonprofit Human Rights Campaign.

"It's now critical that the LGBT community and allies prove that
discrimination against minorities has no place in modern society," Nguyen
said.

Unfortunately, as of Monday morning, the campaign only mustered $570, or
less than 1 percent of the goal.

So that's kind of awkward.

But don't worry! There's another counter-campaign out there too. It's
doing slightly sort of better, and probably because it goes to a better
cause. It's #Pizza4Equality and the proceeds go to homeless children. That
campaign wants to raise slightly more than Memories Pizza (because OF
COURSE). So far, they have around $44,174- slightly less than 20 percent
of their goal.

Instead of just sitting around and complaining like many of the other
libs, at least these guys are doing something kind of positive. I'll give
them that much. On the other hand, their whole campaign was inspired by
their blatant hatred for us and "the bigoted Pizza joint," so that kind of
blows. But at this point, they already failed to replicate the success and
support of Memories Pizza.

So yeah, help the homeless children. But I would personally prefer to give
to an organization that didn't specifically launch their campaign out of
spite. I mean, they want to "beat the bigots at their own game." Charity's
a game now? But hey. I'm totally in favor of encouraging liberals to be
charitable. I mean, that doesn't happen often. (And by charitable, I mean
with their OWN money.)

Nevertheless, it doesn't compare to the unrelenting support of Memories
Pizza. And more Americans wanted to give even after the campaign closed.
It all comes back to liberty. Not all Americans are mindless drones.

If any of you clever and competent readers go to Memories Pizza after they
reopen, please eat a slice for me and send us Chicks some pictures! We'd
SO love that!
--
A "teabagger" is a male Liberal Democrat who performs fellatio on another
male Liberal Democrat... either sucking his balls or laying his genitals
on his partner's face. <snicker>
v***@gmail.com
2015-04-14 21:47:49 UTC
http://youtu.be/TkbtGdwk7d0
http://oi57.tinypic.com/1z3qvlj.jpg
What a long winded little bitch. I hope it gets a job.
AlleyCat
2015-04-14 22:31:11 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
I hope it gets a job.
"It" HAS a job, stupid. I work for myself... I OWN my own business, car,
truck, motorcycle, van, house, yard, boat, pool. Show me what YOU own,
vithain't.

Just because all you Usenet trolls are unemployed and living in mommy's
basement, doesn't mean WE do, stupid.
S***@smack.com
2015-04-15 00:21:10 UTC
Jacking off pays well?
v***@gmail.com
How is the Lemonade stand doing?
AlleyCat
2015-04-15 20:21:06 UTC
Post by v***@gmail.com
How is the Lemonade stand doing?
Pretty damn well... I've got Pink now, and business is thriving!
S***@smack.com

Did some winger "news" feed you that silly belief?
Tom Sr.
2015-04-15 03:03:55 UTC
Post by Lee
No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
"Then why do Muslims get away with it?" [asked wee wee wrangler KKKat.]
Where I lived in Boston was a VERY diverse neighborhood.

One example of this was a Roman Catholic Basilica that was a mile from where I lived -- and the largest mosque in New England was about a half-mile away.

Because of the mosque, a large number of Muslims had moved into that area and opened small grocery stores, restaurants (some Halal), and even a coffee shop that was part of the subway station.

I used to go in there sometimes when I returned from work or when I was walking back from grocery shopping.

There would often be groups of 4-6 men talking in Arabic a great deal as they drank their small cups of very bitter coffee. (I tried a cup once. Never again.)

Sometimes I would have one of my pride T-shirts or buttons on. I am neither flamingly flamboyant nor an uptight macho Real Man; I'm just a person. If anything, I'm a bookworm nerd.

I *never* had ANY problems with either the owner or the staff or the other customers in being served or treated politely. Not in the slightest. Everyone was very kind to each other.

They also sold some really great bagels in that coffee shop.

One thing that was interesting to see was how for the start of Ramadan almost every bit of parking in the area would fill up in the early morning with Muslim families going to service, dressed in -- pardon the phrase -- their "Sunday best". I expect many of them had come a good distance.

Of course, all those cars would be gone after a few hours so there was no problem with people who lived in that area returning to work finding places to park.

As is often the case, having a chance to see that a group of people ARE just *people* -- and not the "boogeymen" the far-right-wing, hateful bigots *claim* them to be -- makes a very BIG Difference.

Bigots never learn that.

. . .
AlleyCat
2015-04-15 03:33:03 UTC
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:03:55 -0700 (PDT), Tom Sr. says...
Post by Tom Sr.
I *never* had ANY problems with either the owner or the staff or the other customers in being served or treated politely. Not in the slightest.
You weren't in Tehran.

Did you ask them to cater your gay wedding? That's all I ask. Yes or no?

I didn't ask you for your life story... just this... why would you excuse
Muslim hatred and discrimination?
Post by Tom Sr.
Bigots never learn that.
Bigots like these Muslims?

http://youtu.be/TkbtGdwk7d0
Tom Sr.
2015-04-15 03:40:16 UTC
On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 11:33:40 PM UTC-4, AlleyCat ranted.

Again.

. . .
AlleyCat
2015-04-15 04:02:36 UTC
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:40:16 -0700 (PDT), Tom Sr. says...

One word.
Post by Tom Sr.
Again.
Wow... so deep and meaningless.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-15 13:10:35 UTC
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:02:39 AM UTC-4, Pwned AlleyKKKat couldn't say a fucking word when he gets his bigoted ass handed to him.

*eww*

. . .
David Hartung
2015-04-15 11:43:04 UTC
Post by Lee
No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
"Then why do Muslims get away with it?" [asked wee wee wrangler KKKat.]
Where I lived in Boston was a VERY diverse neighborhood.
Where I live now is quite diverse, with residents from at least five of
the seven continents. We may have some Australians going to school here
but I have yet to meet any. We also have a mosque, and I believe a Hindu
center. I meet these people on a regular basis around town, and like you
say mist of them are really decent people. Your point?

In point of fact, that diversity is one of the things which makes
Starkville a neat place to live and work.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-15 13:06:47 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
"Then why do Muslims get away with it?" [asked wee wee wrangler KKKat.]
--
Where I lived in Boston was a VERY diverse neighborhood.
--
Where I live now is quite diverse, with residents from at least five of
the seven continents. We may have some Australians going to school here
but I have yet to meet any. We also have a mosque, and I believe a Hindu
center. I meet these people on a regular basis around town, and like you
say mist of them are really decent people. Your point?
That you have learned nothing, Hartung.

I suspect Starkville, Mississippi in just a weak reflection of the greater Boston area, especially with Harvard University, MIT, and, Radcliffe College here, along with other educational and cultural sites and sources.

None of those institutions of higher learning have problems with noose-tying as the University of Mississippi does.
Post by David Hartung
In point of fact, that diversity is one of the things which makes
Starkville a neat place to live and work.
I also greatly suspect you live in a little "pocket" of "diversity" and as soon as you go beyond the city limits, one finds themselves' plunging from the 20th century into the 19th.

That *is* the century you seem to live in, Hartung.

Whereas I can go to almost any part of New England -- a 5-state area -- and still find I am in the 21st century.

. . .
Steve
2015-04-15 13:24:24 UTC
On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 06:06:47 -0700 (PDT), "Tom Sr."
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
In point of fact, that diversity is one of the things which makes
Starkville a neat place to live and work.
I also greatly suspect you live in a little "pocket" of "diversity" and as soon as you go beyond the city limits, one finds themselves' plunging from the 20th century into the 19th.
That *is* the century you seem to live in, Hartung.
Whereas I can go to almost any part of New England -- a 5-state area -- and still find I am in the 21st century.
--

Should we feel bad for the leftists who, after seeing one of their
own become the President, discover that he is an incompetent,
nutless coward just like themselves?
David Hartung
2015-04-15 15:23:30 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
Yet all three of Mississippi's major universities have African American
student populations ranging from 17% to 31%, while Harvard is at 6%.

In Starkville Ole Miss is know as TSUN, or The School Up North. We are
the Home of Mississippi State University.
wy
2015-04-18 18:31:51 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
Maybe because you're blessed with being in a region of the country that historically, in that slavish sense, has had, and which continues to this very day, more blacks living there than elsewhere? Not to mention, of course, that Mississippi universities are dirt cheap compared to Harvard, so duhhhh, no brainer. But that even eluded your own absent brain.
Whoop-de-doo. And Montreal has 11 universities with a student population of 170,000 that doubles in number once you factor in all its colleges and technical schools. That's if you want to play the toot-your-own-horn and numbers game, but all you're doing, Hartung, is acting like a big, fat fish in a very tiny pond because the ocean is something that scares you, knowing how you'd totally disappear in it.
David Hartung
2015-04-18 22:45:17 UTC
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
Which is sort of the point. In Mississippi we have worked very hard to
learn how to live together, and in the past 50 years much progress has
been made.
First Post
2015-04-18 23:45:27 UTC
On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:45:17 -0500, David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
Jackson Mississippi.
State Capital.
Mayor Tony Barber; Youngest mayor to ever be elected in the state, a
black man. http://www.jacksonms.gov/index.aspx?nid=245

Hattiesburg Mississippi.
4th largest city in the state.
Mayor Johnny Dupree; The first African-American major party nominee
for Governor in Mississippi since the Reconstruction era.

Philadelphia Mississippi.
Best known for being the basis of the film "Mississippi Burning" about
three civil rights workers murdered in 1964.
Mayor James Young; African American elected 2009 after defeating the
white incumbent. He is now in his second term.
http://www.iub.edu/~moc/speakers/mayor_young.pdf

These are just the more notable examples.

The first two African Americans ever elected to serve in the US senate
were sent there by Mississippi. Both Republicans, BTW.

Wy wants to desperately hang on to the past in order to reinforce
their own bigoted stereotypical beliefs.

Mississippi has the largest African American demographic of any state
in the union. Not because anyone is forcing anyone else to stay there
but because there is a steady influx of African Americans moving there
from all over the country.
When Catalina Lighting relocated it's distribution center from
California to the outskirts of Tupelo, many of the relocated employees
from California were black. Those that I talked to when we were
finishing up the facility couldn't stop talking about how much more
friendly their white neighbors in Tupelo were than their former
neighbors of all races in California.
But northern liberals will never let go of their stereotypical mental
images of beat up shacks with outdoor plumbing and slaves.
If they had to acknowledge reality then they wouldn't have anything to
look down their noses over.
David Hartung
2015-04-19 00:51:02 UTC
Post by First Post
But northern liberals will never let go of their stereotypical mental
images of beat up shacks with outdoor plumbing and slaves.
If they had to acknowledge reality then they wouldn't have anything to
look down their noses over.
How very true. These guys are so blinded by their phobias, that they do
not see that the South in
generhttp://thoracics.org/2011/08/02/the-university-of-mississippi-pioneers-in-transplant/eral
and Mississippi in particular has contributed much to modern science and
medicine, for example:

http://thoracics.org/2011/08/02/the-university-of-mississippi-pioneers-in-transplant/
Tom Sr.
2015-04-19 13:16:18 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by First Post
But northern liberals will never let go of their stereotypical mental
images of beat up shacks with outdoor plumbing and slaves.
If they had to acknowledge reality then they wouldn't have anything to
look down their noses over.
You, Postie, of course, totally miss the point -- just as Hartung does.

That being, the *fact* is Mississippi is STILL racist as all shit.
Post by David Hartung
Yes Mississippi has a history of treating racial minorities despicably,
especially African Americans; what you refuse to recognize is that for
at least the past 40 years the people of Mississippi have worked very
hard to learn how to live and function together.
The last *40* years?

How about the last *4* years, Hartung.

----------
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/interracial-marriage-illegal-46-mississippi-republicans-new-poll-article-1.111449

*Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal, Say 46% of Mississippi Republicans in New Poll*
by Larry Mcshane, Staff Writer
Friday, April 8, 2011

Eleven years into the 21st century, a new poll indicates there are a lot of Mississippi Republicans still living in the past.

A survey conducted last month shows 46% of GOP voters in the state believe interracial marriage should be illegal - a plurality of the people questioned.

Forty percent felt mixed-race weddings should remain legal, while 14% said they were not sure in the survey conducted by Public Policy Polling of Raleigh, N.C.

The poll, conducted between March 24 and 27, showed 76% of the respondents considered themselves somewhat or very conservative.

And it reflected the views of older Mississippi residents: 68% of the respondents were age 46 or older. The polls had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9%.

Interracial marriage in Mississippi became legal in 1967 after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling forced the state to change its laws.
------------

Or how about last year:

------------
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/37-percent-of-mississippi-gopers-would-back-confederates-in-civil-war

*37 Percent Of Mississippi GOPers Would Back Confederates In Civil War*
by Daniel Strauss
July 15, 2014,

A new Public Policy Polling survey found that 37 percent of Republicans who voted in the Mississippi primary runoff election between incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) and state Sen. Chris McDaniel (R) said they would back the Confederate side if there was another Civil War.

The poll, obtained by TPM, is full of goodies for poll geeks. Of those polled, including Democrats and Republicans, 50 percent said they would support the United States while 29 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America.

Broken down by party affiliation, 82 percent of Democrats said they would support the United States while just 9 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America. Among Republicans, 37 percent said they would support the Confederate States of America while 41 percent said they would support the United States. Another 21 percent of Republicans said they weren't sure while 9 percent of Democrats said they weren't sure.

PPP's poll was conducted among 501 Republican primary voters from July 10 to 13. All those surveyed said they voted in the Republican primary runoff for U.S. Senate. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.
------------
Post by David Hartung
This refusal on your part is just one of the things which
marks you as the fool that you are.
It isn't my "refusal", Hartung. It's *Reality*.

. . .
NoBody
2015-04-19 14:13:28 UTC
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 06:16:18 -0700 (PDT), "Tom Sr."

Tom spams Usenet some more.
AlleyCat
2015-04-20 02:15:27 UTC
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 06:16:18 -0700 (PDT), Tom Sr. says...
Post by Tom Sr.
That being, the *fact* is Mississippi is STILL racist as all shit.
Homos lie. Racism exists EVERYWHERE... You Yankees just lie about it.

What about THESE racists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BLb3o65q0vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0hPcuw9fYAw

Slavery was abolished last in the South, but that doesn't mean
racial animus is a "Southern" thing. Where have the most "race" riots
happened?

Where else? The North.

Reconstruction after the Civil War does seem to be a hot spot for the
South, but look at the other places. ** Asterisks denote NORTHERN for
you dumbass Nawthunuhs.

There are an overwhelming number of "racial incidences" in the North, as
opposed to the South. How can that be? California and South of Orlando
SHOULD be counted as North. There aren't too many crackers left down and
out there, respectively.

Remember the asterisks, mean NORTHERN climes. ;-)

Modern

* 1980: Miami Riots (Miami, Florida)
1980: Chattanooga Riot (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
* 1984: Lawrence, Massachusetts Race Riot: A small scale riot cent
* 1991: Crown Heights riot (Crown Heights neighborhood, Brooklyn,
* 1992: Los Angeles Riots (Los Angeles, California): In a reaction
1996: St. Petersburg Riots (St. Petersburg, Florida): After
* 2001: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio): In a reaction to the
* 2003: Benton Harbor riots (Benton Harbor, Michigan)
* 2005: 2005 Toledo Riot (Toledo, Ohio): A race riot that broke out
* 2006: Fontana High School riot (Fontana, California): Riot
* 2006: Prison Race Riots (California): A war between Latino and
* 2008: Locke High School riot[53] (Los Angeles, California)
* 2009: 2009 Oakland Riots (Oakland, California)

Nativist Period 1700s-1860

* 1824: Providence, Rhode Island Hardscrabble Riots
* 1829: Cincinnati riots of 1829 Rioting against African Americans
1829: Charlestown Anti-Catholic Riots
* 1831: Providence, Rhode Island
* 1834: Massachusetts Convent Burning
* 1834: Philadelphia pro-slavery riots[34]
* 1835: Five Points Riot
* 1835: Washington, D.C.[35][36]
* 1836: Cincinnati riots of 1836. Several anti-abolitionist riots
* 1841: Cincinnati, Ohio
* 1844: Philadelphia Nativist Riots (May 6?8/July 5-8)
* 1851: Hoboken Anti-German Riot
1855: Louisville Anti-German Riots

Civil War Period 1861-1865

* 1863: New York City Draft Riot
* 1863: Detroit Race Riot

Reconstruction Period: 1865 - 1877

1866: New Orleans Riot
1866: Memphis, Tennessee
1868: Pulaski Riot
1868: Opelousas, Louisiana
1868: Camilla, Georgia
1870: Eutaw, Alabama
1870: Laurens, South Carolina
* 1870: New York City Orange Riot
* 1871: Second New York City Orange Riot
* 1871: Los Angeles Anti-Chinese Riot
1871: Meridian, Mississippi
1891: New Orleans Anti-Italian Riot
1873: Colfax massacre
1874: Vicksburg, Mississippi
1874: New Orleans, Louisiana {Liberty place riot see[37]}
1874: Coushatta, Louisiana
1875: Yazoo City, Mississippi
1875: Clinton, Mississippi
1876: Hamburg Massacre
1876: Ellenton, South Carolina

Jim Crow Period: 1878 - 1914

* 1885: Anti-Chinese riot in Rock Springs, Wyoming Territory
* 1886: Seattle riot of 1886[38]
1898: Wilmington Insurrection of 1898[39]
1898: Lake City, South Carolina
1898: Greenwood County, South Carolina
* 1900: Robert Charles Riots
* 1900: New York City, New York
1906: Atlanta Race Riot[40]
* 1906: Brownsville, Texas
1907: Onancock, Virginia
* 1908: Springfield Race Riot of 1908[41]
* 1909: Omaha, Nebraska anti-Greek riot
* 1910: Nationwide riots following the heavyweight championship
fight between Jack Johnson and Jim Jeffries in Reno, Nevada on July 4

[edit] War and Inter-War Period: 1914 - 1945

1917: East St. Louis Riot[42]
* 1917: Chester, Pennsylvania
* 1917: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1917: Houston Riot
Red Summer of 1919
* 1919: Washington, D.C.
* 1919: Chicago Race Riot of 1919[43]
* 1919: Omaha Race Riot of 1919
1919: Charleston, South Carolina
1919: Longview, Texas
1919: Knoxville Riot of 1919
* 1919: Elaine Race Riot
1921: Tulsa race riot (Tulsa, Oklahoma)[44]
1923: Rosewood massacre (Rosewood, Florida)[45]
* 1927: Yakima Valley Anti-Filipino Riot[46]
* 1928: Wenatchee Valley Anti-Filipino Riot[46]
* 1929: Exeter Anti-Filipino Riot[47]
* 1930: Watsonville Anti-Filipino Riots, which inspired race riots
in San Francisco, Salinas and San Jose and attacks elsewhere.[47]
* 1935: Harlem Riot of 1935
* 1943: Detroit Race Riot[48]
1943: Beaumont Race Riot of 1943
* 1943: Harlem Riot of 1943
* 1943: Zoot Suit Riots

Postwar era: 1946 - 1954

1946: Columbia, Tennessee Riot
* 1951: Cicero Race Riot in Illinois

Civil Rights and Black Power Movement's Period: 1955 - 1977

1958: Battle of Hayes Pond (Maxton, North Carolina)
* 1963: Cambridge riot of 1963 (Cambridge, Maryland)
* 1964: Harlem Riot of 1964 (Harlem neighborhood, Manhattan, New
* 1964: Rochester riot (Rochester, New York)
* 1964: Philadelphia 1964 race riot (North Philadelphia section of
* 1965: Watts Riots (Watts neighborhood, Los Angeles, California)
* 1966: Division Street Riots (Humboldt Park neighborhood, Chicago,
* 1966: Hough Riots (Hough community, Cleveland, Ohio)
* 1966: North Omaha, Nebraska (North Omaha community, Omaha,

Long Hot Summer of 1967
1967: Tampa Riots, (Tampa, Florida)
1967: Texas Southern University Riot (Houston, Texas)
* 1967: 1967 Detroit riot (Detroit, Michigan)
* 1967: Buffalo riot (Buffalo, New York)
* 1967: Milwaukee Riot (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
* 1967: Minneapolis North Side Riots (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
* 1967: 1967 Newark riots (Newark, New Jersey)
* 1967: Plainfield riots (Plainfield, New Jersey)

Protests of 1968
1968: Orangeburg massacre (Orangeburg, South Carolina)
* 1968: Baltimore riot of 1968 (Baltimore, Maryland)
* 1968: Chicago (April 1968) (Chicago, Illinois)
1968: Louisville riots of 1968 (Louisville, Kentucky)
* 1968: 1968 Washington, D.C. riots (Washington, D.C.)
* 1969: 1969 York Race Riot (York, Pennsylvania
* 1969: Stonewall riots (Greenwich Village neighborhood,
1970: May 11th Race Riot (Augusta, Georgia)
1970: Jackson State killings (Jackson, Mississippi)
* 1971: Camden Riots (Camden, New Jersey)
1972-1977: Escambia High School riots (Pensacola, Florida)
--
A "teabagger" is a male Liberal Democrat who performs fellatio on another
male Liberal Democrat... either sucking his balls or laying his genitals
on his partner's face. <snicker>
--
Wanna make a Conservative mad? Tell him a lie.
Wanna make a Liberal mad? Tell him the truth.
David Hartung
You do realize that you are an arrogant ass?
Mitchell Holman
2015-04-15 23:20:36 UTC
Post by David Hartung
You do realize that you are an arrogant ass?
vs...............

"Again, you have nothing so you fall back on personal attacks."
David Hartung, Apr 13 2015
Tom Sr.
2015-04-16 12:39:51 UTC
Post by David Hartung
You do realize that you are an arrogant ass?
You would *believe* that, Hartung, because you are too Stupid to understand.

. . .
v***@gmail.com
2015-04-16 12:58:36 UTC
†hat must have been one heck of a divorce to leave Hartung this messed up. Probably lost his trailer home. Oh well there is a reason for everything
David Hartung
2015-04-16 13:37:18 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
You do realize that you are an arrogant ass?
You would *believe* that, Hartung, because you are too Stupid to understand.
I am smart enough to know this:

All three of Mississippi's major universities have African American
student populations ranging from 17% to 31%, while Harvard is at 6%.

There is also this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_England
[...]
In terms of race and ethnicity, White Americans made up 84.9% of New
England's population, of which 81.2% were whites of non-Hispanic origin.
Black Americans composed 5.7% of the region's population, of which 5.3%
were blacks of non-Hispanic origin.
[...]

Now let's look at Mississippi:
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/28000.html
[...]
White alone, percent, 2013 (a) 59.8% 77.7%
Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a) 37.4% 13.2%
[...]

Yes Mississippi has a history of treating racial minorities despicably,
especially African Americans; what you refuse to recognize is that for
at least the past 40 years the people of Mississippi have worked very
hard to learn how to live and function together. This refusal on your
part is just one of the things which marks you as the fool that you are.
Tom Sr.

. . .
wy
Oh, look, Hartung is trying to push his arrogant Starkville tiny little weight ass around by accusing one of the real big boys of being an arrogant ass. That's funny. That's like some lowly $8 per hour Walmart employee walking into a $100 million per year CEO's office and demanding he be taken seriously for the toilets he cleans up every day.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-16 12:37:06 UTC
Where I live now is quite diverse...
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.

We do in Boston.

. . .
Steve
2015-04-16 12:49:13 UTC
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 05:37:06 -0700 (PDT), "Tom Sr."
Post by Tom Sr.
Where I live now is quite diverse...
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.
We do in Boston.
Well yes, but around here we have other stuff to point out and laugh
at.

David Hartung
2015-04-16 13:23:31 UTC
Which may be part of Boston's problem.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-16 14:00:05 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.
We do in Boston.
--
Which may be part of Boston's problem.
Only a bigot such as yourself, Hartung, would *believe* that is a "problem".

. . .
David Hartung
At this point, the term bigot is best applied to you.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-18 13:34:30 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Only a bigot such as yourself, Hartung, would *believe* that is a "problem".
--
At this point, the term bigot is best applied to you.
Yet another Reading Comprehension FAILURE by you, Daffy.

. . .
David Hartung
2015-04-16 13:25:32 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Where I live now is quite diverse...
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.
We do in Boston.
I don't know about that, but I do have a gay couple living in my
neighborhood. They are nice guys, as are most of the gay men I have met
in my life. What happened to you?
David Hartung
2015-04-17 12:33:02 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Where I live now is quite diverse...
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.
Given that the LGBT population of the USA is about 2%, and that most of
that 2% is probably no more likely to walk around holding hands, than
anyone else, you probably do not see that many.
Mitchell Holman
2015-04-18 02:51:37 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Where I live now is quite diverse...
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking
around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung.
Given that the LGBT population of the USA is about 2%, and that most
of that 2% is probably no more likely to walk around holding hands,
than anyone else, you probably do not see that many.
There are more gay people than Jews. Are you
claiming there are not enough Jews in the country
to bother granting them any legal protections?
Tom Sr.
2015-04-18 13:31:59 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Do you see same-sex couples of all ages, holding hands, walking
around on the streets of Starkville, Hartung?
--
Given that the LGBT population of the USA is about 2%, and that most of
that 2% is probably no more likely to walk around holding hands, than
anyone else, you probably do not see that many.
That was not what I asked, Hartung, but typical of you, you *avoided* answering a question which will prove you wrong.

I see some, which, I have not the slightest doubt, is far, far more than your ever see in Starkville -- which would be done.

One of the subway stations I often use is also an Amtrak station. I think it was like 8-10 years ago I saw a male couple kiss each other good-bye there. There were some teenage boys near me and one of them started making derogatory comments to his friends about this. One of the older-looking teens said to him something to the affect "So they're gay. Get over it."

Get over it, Hartung.

. . .
David Hartung
2015-04-18 13:42:32 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
[...]
What is your response when I relate a personal experience?

To be honest, I am not surprised that you might see more same sex
affection in your neck of the woods than in mine, especially given the
figures in this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

In the end, that means nothing.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-18 14:38:36 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
[...]
We ARE talking about our personal experiences, Daffy! *DUH*

Ye gods, you are so fucking STUPID.

. . .
David Hartung
2015-04-18 15:56:15 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
Post by David Hartung
Post by Tom Sr.
[...]
Over the years, that has never stopped you from denigrating accounts
which just might show your position to be factually wrong.
AlleyCat
2015-04-18 21:07:55 UTC
On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 07:38:36 -0700 (PDT), Tom Sr. says...
Post by Tom Sr.
Ye gods, you are so fucking STUPID.
Ain't nothin' worse than a gaytard nerd. "Ye Gods"? Wow.

Poor semen slurping Tommy... while everyone else was out banging
boyfriends and girlfriends, he was playing Dungeons and Dragons with his
fellow slurpers. Not much has changed, eh Shut-in?

You were Raj, right? Metrosexual, my ass.

http://tinypic.com/r/zkij49/8

http://tinypic.com/r/wia836/8
wy
What it means is that to you, if something is out of sight, then it's out of mind, and should remain that way. Which explains why you insist on having things done according to your homophobic ways. It's the old ignorance is bliss attitude.
wy
2015-04-18 18:23:30 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
No. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
"Then why do Muslims get away with it?" [asked wee wee wrangler KKKat.]
Where I lived in Boston was a VERY diverse neighborhood.
Where I live now is quite diverse, with residents from at least five of
the seven continents. We may have some Australians going to school here
but I have yet to meet any. We also have a mosque, and I believe a Hindu
center. I meet these people on a regular basis around town, and like you
say mist of them are really decent people. Your point?
In point of fact, that diversity is one of the things which makes
Starkville a neat place to live and work.
Starkville data, out of a population of about 25,000 people:

White alone - 14,165 (58.9%)
Black alone - 8,359 (34.8%)
Asian alone - 827 (3.4%)
Hispanic - 344 (1.4%)
Two or more races - 207 (0.9%)
American Indian alone - 49 (0.2%)

Where is there any room for mosques in Starkville with demos like that and how many even bother to show up? And how diverse is a population when 95% of it is white or black? Only 827 Asians and 344 Hispanics are in that hick town of yours? Probably all students attending some university. Also, only half the Starkville population claims a religious affiliation, meaning not 12,500 people, but about only half that, the adult half, 6,250, since we don't count kids because what do kids know about religion anyway? Of that 6,250 adult population in your town with a religious affiliation, about 77% of them are Protestant, Baptists and Methodists, leaving only 23% for other religions. Catholics would likely be at about 10%, right behind Methodists, leaving only 13%, or 812 people, at most, as being Muslim. In a town of 25,000, your chances of bumping into any Muslim on the street, especially one you would converse with, is about Zero.

Other interesting facts.

The median income in Starkville is only $24,000, lower than the state's median of $37,000. Kind of a dirt poor town if you ask me.

The Bush crash seems to have kept unemployment high in Starkville, when it just about doubled from around 6% in 2008 to 12% in 2010, but still hasn't gotten much down below 9% since. Damn that Bush crash for having upset the Starkville perfect way of life.

But, of course, for someone with a 60 IQ, Starkville can only add up to being akin to living in a state of nirvana, as long as the blacks keep to their side of the street, the mosque is at the outermost edge of town and gays are quickly rounded up and evicted to the next town or city willing to accept them, if not disappear without question altogether.
David Hartung
2015-04-18 18:47:52 UTC
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
I note that you provide no link to this information.
Post by wy
Where is there any room for mosques in Starkville with demos like that and how many even bother to show up?
http://www.islamicfinder.org/getitWorld.php?id=55054&lang=english

You may wish to consider the fact that we have a university with foreign
students sitting on our doorstep.

The Hindu center is very small, and appears to be home based, but we do
have one. the major Hindu center appears to be 60 miles away in
Tuscaloosa: http://www.hindumandir.cc/

You have this perverse desire to denigrate Mississippi, let's look at
your home town:

http://montreal.citystar.com/mall/montreal_facts.html

[...]
Ethnic Origin:
Canadian 1,885,085 55.76%
French 900,485 26.64%
Italian 224,460 6.64%
Irish 161,235 4.76%
English 134,115 3.97%
Scottish 94,705 2.80%
Jewish 80,390 2.38%
Haitian 69,945 2.07%
Chinese 57,655 1.71%
Greek 55,865 1.59%
German 53,850 1.59%
Qu�b�cois 44,965 1.33%
Lebanese 43,740 1.29%
North American Indian 42,655 1.26%
Portuguese 41,050 1.21%
Polish 38,615 1.14%
Spanish 35,245 1.04%
East Indian 32,370 0.96%

Language:
French only 67.8%
English only 13.8%
Biligual 18.4%
[...]

Those of non-European extraction appear to be under 7% of the
population, depending on how you count Jews. Not very diverse if you ask me.

By way of comparison, and using the figures you provided, Starkville's
population is about 40% non-European extraction.
NoBody
Interesting that Wy has suddenly become silent on this matter.
David Hartung
2015-04-19 19:38:18 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
[...]
Both he and Tom have the same habit. When they get definitively proven
wrong, the simply do not respond.
S***@smack.com
2015-04-20 01:51:41 UTC
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 14:38:18 -0500, David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
Post by NoBody
Post by David Hartung
By way of comparison, and using the figures you provided, Starkville's
population is about 40% non-European extraction.
Interesting that Wy has suddenly become silent on this matter.
Both he and Tom have the same habit. When they get definitively proven
wrong, the simply do not respond.
You have been proven wrong over and over and over

Particularily about marriage
NoBody
2015-04-20 10:36:30 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by NoBody
Post by David Hartung
By way of comparison, and using the figures you provided, Starkville's
population is about 40% non-European extraction.
Interesting that Wy has suddenly become silent on this matter.
Both he and Tom have the same habit. When they get definitively proven
wrong, the simply do not respond.
You have been proven wrong over and over and over
Particularily about marriage
And then there's the IDIOT Yorgort who merely repeats things that
aren't true.
Mitchell Holman
2015-04-20 02:25:34 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
[...]
As do you when YOU are proven wrong about
climate change and evolution the history and
the Bible and....well....anything.

"Until Lee's campaign which ended in Gettysburg,
The southerners fought largely a defensive ear.
It was the Federal forces which started the
shooting war."
David Hartung, who apparently never heard of
Ft Sumter, Dec 19, 2013.
AlleyCat
2015-04-20 02:58:25 UTC
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 21:25:34 -0500, Mitchell Holman says...
Post by Mitchell Holman
As do you when YOU are proven wrong about
climate change
BWAHAHAHAHA -- I prove you homos on the left wrong, every fucking day
about Global Warming, yet you still argue.

There IS no Global Warming, not attributable to man, anyways. You just
won't fucking listen because you're too fucking brainwashed.

Prove to me that CO² causes warming, when NASA says it causes cooling.
PROVE to me that we contribute more CO² than the Earth does naturally. We
don't. What we contribute doesn't make a fucking difference, and even if
it did, we'd be causing COOLING not warming.

http://tinypic.com/r/288bbq8/8

New NASA Study Shows That CO2 COOLS the Atmosphere:

Carbon dioxide acts as a coolant in Earth's atmosphere, says new NASA
report.

"NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that "greenhouse
gases" actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching
our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun," says to this
article on principia-scientific.org.

"The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband
Emission Radiometry, (or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from
Earth's upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and
nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the
energy balance of air above our planet's surface."

"Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats," explains James
Russell of Hampton University, SABER's principal investigator. "When the
upper atmosphere (or 'thermosphere') heats up, these molecules try as hard
as they can to shed that heat back into space."
David Hartung
2015-04-20 04:00:29 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by David Hartung
Post by NoBody
Interesting that Wy has suddenly become silent on this matter.
Both he and Tom have the same habit. When they get definitively proven
wrong, the simply do not respond.
As do you when YOU are proven wrong about
climate change and evolution the history and
the Bible and....well....anything.
"Until Lee's campaign which ended in Gettysburg,
The southerners fought largely a defensive ear.
It was the Federal forces which started the
shooting war."
David Hartung, who apparently never heard of
Ft Sumter, Dec 19, 2013.
Had you any understanding of history, you would recognize how utterly
stupid you sound.
NoBody
2015-04-20 10:40:02 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
[...]
Since Mitchie vanishes from virtually every thread he participates in,
he has zero room to complain.
Post by Mitchell Holman
"Until Lee's campaign which ended in Gettysburg,
The southerners fought largely a defensive ear.
It was the Federal forces which started the
shooting war."
David Hartung, who apparently never heard of
Ft Sumter, Dec 19, 2013.
We are completely uninterested in quotes which you refuse to cite the
original sources. I did a search on the quote you provided with no
results returned. In short, your honesty is questionable at best.
NoBody
And Mitchie the coward has fled yet again.
Tom Sr.
2015-04-21 12:32:56 UTC
On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 6:20:29 AM UTC-4, NoWussy was still spamming a dead thread.

. . .
NoBody
2015-04-22 10:53:24 UTC
On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 05:32:56 -0700 (PDT), "Tom Sr."
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

Tom Spams Usenet some more.

Tom Sr.
2015-04-20 14:40:42 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Both he and Tom have the same habit. When they get definitively proven
wrong, the simply do not respond.
There you go AGAIN, Hartung, with your psychological projections!

Poor little boy.

. . .
NoBody
2015-04-21 10:20:00 UTC
There goes Tom again, projecting his own qualities on others.
b***@sasasas.com
2015-04-21 15:48:38 UTC
Speaking of which:
BeamMeUpScotty
2015-04-21 16:04:02 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Tom Sr.
There you go AGAIN, Hartung, with your psychological projections!
There goes Tom again, projecting his own qualities on others.
My mail program is stuck in an nested loop and can't get out....
That's Karma
wy
2015-04-19 20:46:50 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Post by David Hartung
Post by Lee
[...]
Did I have to? You live there. You should know this stuff. It's not like you've got a population of a million or two to keep track of.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Starkville-Mississippi.html
Post by David Hartung
Post by wy
Where is there any room for mosques in Starkville with demos like that and how many even bother to show up?
http://www.islamicfinder.org/getitWorld.php?id=55054&lang=english
You may wish to consider the fact that we have a university with foreign
students sitting on our doorstep.
The Hindu center is very small, and appears to be home based, but we do
have one. the major Hindu center appears to be 60 miles away in
Tuscaloosa: http://www.hindumandir.cc/
So essentially the mosque is there for the university students as there are too few Muslims that actually live in Starkville as regular citizens. Gotcha.
Post by David Hartung
You have this perverse desire to denigrate Mississippi, let's look at
http://montreal.citystar.com/mall/montreal_facts.html
[...]
Canadian 1,885,085 55.76%
French 900,485 26.64%
Well, it is a French province, historically, as is the city.
Post by David Hartung
Italian 224,460 6.64%
Italians practically built Montreal's suburbs in the 50s and 60s.
Post by David Hartung
Irish 161,235 4.76%
That also traces back to history when the Irish in France - yes, Irish in France - were sent over to help colonize Quebec. Our St. Patrick's Day parade is the oldest in North America, nearly 200 years running.
Post by David Hartung
English 134,115 3.97%
The Brits, of course, have had roots here as well.
Post by David Hartung
Scottish 94,705 2.80%
As have the Scots. And thanks to them, we inherited our banking system from them which is credited for us having gone through the Bush crash in much better shape than the US and a bunch of European countries.
Post by David Hartung
Jewish 80,390 2.38%
What, no Jews in Starkville? In fact, we've got over 3 times more Jews than you have Starvillians.
Post by David Hartung
Haitian 69,945 2.07%
Chinese 57,655 1.71%
Greek 55,865 1.59%
German 53,850 1.59%
Qu�b�cois 44,965 1.33%
What does Quebecois supposed to mean here? Everybody is a Quebecois in Quebec, certainly every French person is, and there's a hell of a lot more than 1.33% of them.
Post by David Hartung
Lebanese 43,740 1.29%
North American Indian 42,655 1.26%
Portuguese 41,050 1.21%
Polish 38,615 1.14%
Spanish 35,245 1.04%
East Indian 32,370 0.96%
They left out a whole slew of others like Ukrainians, Russians, Koreans, Arabs, Native Indians, Blacks (aside from Hatians)... seems to be a very incomplete list. Arabs and blacks alone have a combined presence of about 15% here. In fact, nearly a third of the population is considered a "visible minority."

http://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/montreal-population/
Post by David Hartung
French only 67.8%
English only 13.8%
Biligual 18.4%
[...]
Those of non-European extraction appear to be under 7% of the
population, depending on how you count Jews. Not very diverse if you ask me.
Drop by my neighborhood sometime and you'll see more diversity in a few blocks than you've got in that entire town of yours.
Post by David Hartung
By way of comparison, and using the figures you provided, Starkville's
population is about 40% non-European extraction.
You mean black. Yeah, well, that's an indigenous group in Starkville that you hauled over from Africa a couple of centuries ago and who've decided not to leave and now you have to put up with them after taking advantage of their ancestors, much to your ongoing annoyance. Montreal now has about a 9% black population and it looks like half of them live in my district - sometimes I feel like I'm in Mississippi. In any case, your puny numbers aren't proving anything other than your town being mostly white and, secondarily, black, with virtually nothing else in between. In fact, you've got more cars than people in Starkville.

Sheesh, talk about a ghost town. Now this is a real downtown:

Yeah, I know, they're all white people, but that's what happens when Americans show up here in the summer in droves.
AlleyCat
2015-04-19 01:45:37 UTC
On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 11:23:30 -0700 (PDT), wy says...
Post by wy
White alone - 14,165 (58.9%)
Black alone - 8,359 (34.8%)
Asian alone - 827 (3.4%)
Hispanic - 344 (1.4%)
Two or more races - 207 (0.9%)
American Indian alone - 49 (0.2%)
You are a fucking idiot.... you are obviously posting the PERMANENT
resident population and not counting the school's enrollment.

20,135± (Sep 10, 2014)
Mississippi State University, Enrollment

African American 23% - 4632

Asian 1% - 201

Hispanic 2% - 402

International 2% - 402

Native American 1% - 201

White 70% - 14,096

Other 1% -201

Boy, are you dumb.
Fred Oinka
fuck your laws
Steve
2015-04-15 10:07:40 UTC
Post by Lee
Right to Refuse Service
One nice thing about having businesses that do extremely customized
work is that I can refuse service to any client on the basis of the
requested work with a simple....

"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like taking on that project right
now. Yes, I know I've done similar work before. No, this has nothing
to do with your funny looking clothing nor the way you talk."

First Post
2015-04-15 22:49:16 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Lee
Right to Refuse Service
One nice thing about having businesses that do extremely customized
work is that I can refuse service to any client on the basis of the
requested work with a simple....
"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like taking on that project right
now. Yes, I know I've done similar work before. No, this has nothing
to do with your funny looking clothing nor the way you talk."
Indeed. At least once or twice a year I refuse projects simply
because they don't appeal to me.
As long as any business doesn't just state that they are refusing
business because of race or gender then no anti discrimination law has
been broken.
Steve
2015-04-15 23:06:31 UTC
On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 17:49:16 -0500, First Post
Post by First Post
Post by Steve
Post by Lee
Right to Refuse Service
One nice thing about having businesses that do extremely customized
work is that I can refuse service to any client on the basis of the
requested work with a simple....
"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like taking on that project right
now. Yes, I know I've done similar work before. No, this has nothing
to do with your funny looking clothing nor the way you talk."
Indeed. At least once or twice a year I refuse projects simply
because they don't appeal to me.
As long as any business doesn't just state that they are refusing
business because of race or gender then no anti discrimination law has
been broken.
Since my businesses are more hobby than anything else, I pick and
choose regularly. I have to like the project/job, I have to like
clients, and I have to not have something better to do.
First Post
2015-04-15 23:30:33 UTC
Post by First Post
Post by Steve
Post by Lee
Right to Refuse Service
One nice thing about having businesses that do extremely customized
work is that I can refuse service to any client on the basis of the
requested work with a simple....
"I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like taking on that project right
now. Yes, I know I've done similar work before. No, this has nothing
to do with your funny looking clothing nor the way you talk."
Indeed. At least once or twice a year I refuse projects simply
because they don't appeal to me.
As long as any business doesn't just state that they are refusing
business because of race or gender then no anti discrimination law has
been broken.
Since my businesses are more hobby than anything else, I pick and
choose regularly. I have to like the project/job, I have to like
clients, and I have to not have something better to do.
Sounds like the typical "American dream". Which is what everyone used
to try to achieve.

Sadly, nowadays it is becoming more and more prevalent for people to
want to be successful at working the system in order to get other
people's money for doing nothing.
And with a great majority of the states offering up welfare checks
that amount to more than one with low skill levels could earn being
employed, it is more profitable to live off of the taxpayer than to
work for a living.
I have a 25 year old nephew who makes around $12 an hour for driving a
delivery truck who is very proud that he can get government hand outs
for pretending to be a college student. He enrolled for a single
quarter at ITT Technical and never signed up for any more classes over
three years ago yet still gets his check and a couple hundred dollars
in food stamps each month. He lives with his Grand Aunt who pays the
rent, buys all the groceries and pays all of the household bills.
He spends nearly his entire paycheck taking his fatassed girlfriend
out to eat and paying the $900 or so a month his 2015 Mustang costs in
note and insurance.
Yes, I did indeed attempt to report his worthless ass for defrauding
the system and ended up giving up on the matter due to not being able
to find a single government agency that actually gave a damn.
His stated goal in life is to be able to eventually "work the system"
in order to get a big enough government handout to quit work
altogether. Because driving a van around town and delivering packages
is just "so physically exhausting".
Sadly, he is typical of a very large number of "millennials".

What used to be the famous American work ethic is now dying a fairly
rapid death.
S***@smack.com
2015-04-16 03:41:16 UTC
On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:30:33 -0500, First Post
Post by First Post
Sadly, nowadays it is becoming more and more prevalent for people to
want to be successful at working the system in order to get other
people's money for doing nothing.
Oh--you mean like Hedge Fund people who pay 1/3 the taxes on partial
income worth millions your "nephew" does on his paltry income.?

MOF, what "work" does a Hedge fund manager---actually do

You dumb fucks don't realize (or don't want to, or can't
comprehend)--that those who actually do not work--are raking in over
80% of ALL yearly income and paying nothing in taxes (compared to the
income level)

THAT, you ignorant asshole, is what the republican party wants to
happen, legislates to happen, and you're too stupid to understand it.
Steve
2015-04-16 09:24:40 UTC
Post by First Post
Post by Steve
Post by Lee
[...]
Lazy, worthless leftist beggars just make things better for productive
successful people like my kids.
S***@smack.com
2015-04-16 03:36:48 UTC
Post by Steve
Since my businesses are more hobby than anything else,
Sucking dicks is a hobby to you?

Figures.
v***@gmail.com
2015-04-16 05:07:45 UTC
Like Share
S***@smack.com
2015-04-16 03:36:01 UTC
Post by First Post
Indeed. At least once or twice a year I refuse projects simply
because they don't appeal to me.
As long as any business doesn't just state that they are refusing
business because of race or gender then no anti discrimination law has
been broken.
Wanna bet?

Takes about 10 minutes to observe sales to others and report the
difference

IDIOT
Fred Oinka
If Obama doesn't have to follow the law, why should anyone else?
v***@gmail.com
Which law has he violated sweetie?
BeamMeUpScotty
2015-04-15 16:38:18 UTC
Post by Lee
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
Which is what Democrat Jim Crow laws did, only they used the laws to
force restaurants to refuse service.

The obvious problem was the government forcing Private businesses to do
what government wanted with the Jim Crow laws. Now the problem is
government forcing businesses to accept people with the same type of Jim
Crow laws that the government now calls a Civil Rights Act.

It's still just more Democrat Jim Crow Laws.
That's Karma
v***@gmail.com
2015-04-15 16:58:49 UTC
Post by BeamMeUpScotty
Post by Lee
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 explicitly prohibits
restaurants from refusing service to patrons on the
basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
Which is what Democrat Jim Crow laws did, only they used the laws to
force restaurants to refuse service.
The obvious problem was the government forcing Private businesses to do
what government wanted with the Jim Crow laws. Now the problem is
government forcing businesses to accept people with the same type of Jim
Crow laws that the government now calls a Civil Rights Act.
It's still just more Democrat Jim Crow Laws.
--
That's Karma
Those Democrats are now the basis of the Republican party, thanks to Jerry Falwell. Good riddance.