Scumbag Awg-Scam is not here today because GLOBAL WARMING WALLS OF WILDFIRES burned down Melborne's power supply.
Hohoho Hanson Loves Brown Turds, not Green Ones
2007-01-18 00:01:10 UTC
Scumbag Awg-Scam is not here today because GLOBAL WARMING WALLS OF
WILDFIRES burned down Melborne's power supply.

Melbourne power cut by bush fire
BBC News, UK - 19 hours ago
Massive power cuts and soaring temperatures have caused havoc in the
Australian state of Victoria. Electricity supplies to about 200000
people were hit ...

Melbourne in dark as blackout causes widespread chaos
Blayney Chronicle, Australia - 23 hours ago
A massive power blackout across Victoria yesterday left 200000 homes
without electricity and threw Melbourne's public transport system and
road network into ...

Melbourne in dark as blackout causes widespread chaos
Central Midlands & Coastal Advocate, Australia - 23 hours ago
A massive power blackout across Victoria yesterday left 200000 homes
without electricity and threw Melbourne's public transport system and
road network into ...

Melbourne in dark as blackout causes widespread chaos
Kalgoorlie Golden Mail, Australia - 23 hours ago
A massive power blackout across Victoria yesterday left 200000 homes
without electricity and threw Melbourne's public transport system and
road network into ...

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=SP238668&WTmodLoc=World-R5-Alertnet-6
Australian bushfire causes statewide blackouts
Tue 16 Jan 2007 9:43:58 GMT

MELBOURNE, Jan 16 (Reuters) - A bushfire and soaring summer
temperatures caused major power outages across Australia's southern
state of Victoria on Tuesday, plunging hospitals into darkness and
sparking road chaos.

Electricity firms said up to 200,000 customers across the state were
affected by blackouts after a bushfire cut power supplies on a day of
very high demand for electricity.

Rolling outages were imposed by power firms to spread the load across
the state electricity network.

"There are power outages across Victoria from the border with New South
Wales state to Melbourne," a Victorian police spokesman told Reuters.
"The cause is bushfires and heavy demand. It's a stinking hot day and
the demand is overloading transformers."

The power outages saw traffic lights blacked out around Melbourne, and
city offices, hospitals and trains without power.

"We don't know when all the customers will be back on," Shannon Walker,
a spokesman for energy infrastructure group Alinta, told local media.

"Customers that are out now will be brought back on line but customers
who have power may lose power for a while so we can spread the
electricity load across the network."

Australian spot power prices rocketed in Victoria and South Australia
states on Tuesday due to the high demand.
AGW is a scam
2007-01-18 11:23:25 UTC
Post by Hohoho Hanson Loves Brown Turds, not Green Ones
[...]
I know the globe is warming and I am in the process of proving that CO2
is NOT the cause .I'm busy go away!
Exxon Creams on Death-Rag
2007-01-18 12:29:27 UTC
Who has more money for science research, EXXON or YOU? Who has more
than 12,000 patents filed by staff scientists, EXXON or YOU. When they
say CO2 causes Global Warming Climate Change, you shut your dicksucking
mouth and accept it.

Exxon Surrenders but Scumbag Awg-Scam keeps sucking their dead dick:
Exxon said
"Greenhouse gas emissions are one of the factors that contribute to
climate change...

http://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_release/ExxonMobil-GlobalWarming-tob...

Scientists' Report Documents ExxonMobil's Tobacco-like Disinformation
Campaign on Global Warming Science
Oil Company Spent Nearly $16 Million to Fund Skeptic Groups, Create
Confusion

ExxonMobil Report
Read the Report
ExxonMobil Report (PDF)
Appendix C (PDF high resolution)
Appendix C (part 1)
Appendix C (part 2)
Appendix C (part 3)

WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 3-A new report from the Union of Concerned
Scientists offers the most comprehensive documentation to date of how
ExxonMobil has adopted the tobacco industry's disinformation tactics,
as well as some of the same organizations and personnel, to cloud the
scientific understanding of climate change and delay action on the
issue. According to the report, ExxonMobil has funneled nearly $16
million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of 43 advocacy organizations
that seek to confuse the public on global warming science.

"ExxonMobil has manufactured uncertainty about the human causes of
global warming just as tobacco companies denied their product caused
lung cancer," said Alden Meyer, the Union of Concerned Scientists'
Director of Strategy & Policy. "A modest but effective investment has
allowed the oil giant to fuel doubt about global warming to delay
government action just as Big Tobacco did for over 40 years."

Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air: How ExxonMobil Uses Big Tobacco's Tactics to
"Manufacture Uncertainty" on Climate Change details how the oil
company, like the tobacco industry in previous decades, has

* raised doubts about even the most indisputable scientific
evidence
* funded an array of front organizations to create the appearance
of a broad platform for a tight-knit group of vocal climate change
contrarians who misrepresent peer-reviewed scientific findings
* attempted to portray its opposition to action as a positive quest
for "sound science" rather than business self-interest
* used its access to the Bush administration to block federal
policies and shape government communications on global warming

ExxonMobil-funded organizations consist of an overlapping collection of
individuals serving as staff, board members, and scientific advisors
that publish and re-publish the works of a small group of climate
change contrarians. The George C. Marshall Institute, for instance,
which has received $630,000 from ExxonMobil, recently touted a book
edited by Patrick Michaels, a long-time climate change contrarian who
is affiliated with at least 11 organizations funded by ExxonMobil.
Similarly, ExxonMobil funds a number of lesser-known groups such as the
Annapolis Center for Science-Based Public Policy and Committee for a
Constructive Tomorrow. Both groups promote the work of several climate
change contrarians, including Sallie Baliunas, an astrophysicist who is
affiliated with at least nine ExxonMobil-funded groups.

Baliunas is best known for a 2003 paper alleging the climate had not
changed significantly in the past millennia that was rebutted by 13
scientists who stated she had misrepresented their work in her paper.
This renunciation did not stop ExxonMobil-funded groups from continuing
to promote the paper. Through methods such as these, ExxonMobil has
been able to amplify and prop up work that has been discredited by
reputable climate scientists.

"When one looks closely, ExxonMobil's underhanded strategy is as clear
and indisputable as the scientific research it's meant to discredit,"
said Seth Shulman, an investigative journalist who wrote the UCS
report. "The paper trail shows that, to serve its corporate interests,
ExxonMobil has built a vast echo chamber of seemingly independent
groups with the express purpose of spreading disinformation about
global warming."

ExxonMobil has used the laudable goal of improving scientific
understanding of global warming-under the guise of "sound
science"-for the pernicious ends of delaying action to reduce
heat-trapping emissions indefinitely. ExxonMobil also exerted
unprecedented influence over U.S. policy on global warming, from
successfully recommending the appointment of key personnel in the Bush
administration to funding climate change deniers in Congress.

"As a scientist, I like to think that facts will prevail, and they do
eventually," said Dr. James McCarthy, Alexander Agassiz Professor of
Biological Oceanography at Harvard University and former chair of the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's working group on climate
change impacts. "It's shameful that ExxonMobil has sought to obscure
the facts for so long when the future of our planet depends on the
steps we take now and in the coming years."

The burning of oil and other fossil fuels results in additional
atmospheric carbon dioxide that blankets the Earth and traps heat. The
amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has increased greatly over the last
century and global temperatures are rising as a result. Though
solutions are available now that will cut global warming emissions
while creating jobs, saving consumers money, and protecting our
national security, ExxonMobil has manufactured confusion around climate
change science, and these actions have helped to forestall meaningful
action that could minimize the impacts of future climate change.

"ExxonMobil needs to be held accountable for its cynical disinformation
campaign on global warming," said Meyer. "Consumers, shareholders and
Congress should let the company know loud and clear that its behavior
on this issue is unacceptable and must change."
AGW is a scam
2007-01-18 15:58:57 UTC
Anybody can produce a direct and close relationship between CO2 and
temperature even me,but that is not proof that CO2 is forcing
temperature.The level of CO2 in the atmosphere is the result of two
main factors the amount produced by man and the amount that is released
from the ocean as the temperature warms up.
Many thousands of years ago when there was no human influence on CO2
level the relationship is consistent with the increasing temperature
causing the CO2 to increase
If CO2 drives temperature it should drive it consistently it doesn't.
Temperature rose faster per unit of CO2 thousands of years ago than it
does today.You could perhaps say that the rate drops off as the
temperature increases but every graph of CO2 and averaged temperature
is dead straight with no sign of a curve.
You could say that it takes CO2 some time to exert its effect.In that
case the rate of rise in Global Temperature should be accelerating.It
isn't.
This reasoning is my own it owes nothing to anyone else.
I spent 19 years investigating chemical processes and I have used the
same methods of to elucidate cause and effect as I used then.The method
always works and I am quite confident that AGW is a scam produced by
environmentalists (who have been proved wrong too many times to be
credible) and used by a small group of scientists to enhance their
reputations. Most other scientists and politicians have accepted expert
advice as I did without question. AGW does not stand up to
questioning except with dubious science which would be recognized for
what it is on investigation.
Lloyd Parker
2007-01-18 14:48:45 UTC
Post by AGW is a scam
Anybody can produce a direct and close relationship between CO2 and
temperature even me,but that is not proof that CO2 is forcing
temperature
OK.... you explain how we can increase gas which traps heat, and not have that
trap any heat. Just repeal the laws of thermodynamics.
Post by AGW is a scam
.The level of CO2 in the atmosphere is the result of two
main factors the amount produced by man and the amount that is released
from the ocean as the temperature warms up.
Yes, and the cause of the temp. warming up is...?
Post by AGW is a scam
Many thousands of years ago when there was no human influence on CO2
level the relationship is consistent with the increasing temperature
causing the CO2 to increase
If CO2 drives temperature it should drive it consistently it doesn't.
Temperature rose faster per unit of CO2 thousands of years ago than it
does today.
So today it's the CO2 driving the temp. As we know.
Post by AGW is a scam
You could perhaps say that the rate drops off as the
temperature increases but every graph of CO2 and averaged temperature
is dead straight with no sign of a curve.
You could say that it takes CO2 some time to exert its effect.In that
case the rate of rise in Global Temperature should be accelerating.It
isn't.
The hottest years on record, in human history, have occurred since 1990.
Post by AGW is a scam
This reasoning is my own it owes nothing to anyone else.
I spent 19 years investigating chemical processes and I have used the
same methods of to elucidate cause and effect as I used then.The method
always works and I am quite confident that AGW is a scam produced by
environmentalists (who have been proved wrong too many times to be
credible)
Really? Ozone layer? PCB? Asbestos? Benzene? DDT? NOx and SOx from power
plants? Acid rain?
Post by AGW is a scam
and used by a small group of scientists to enhance their
reputations.
That'd be almost all the world scientists who support this, buddy.
You're lying or ignorant. Which?
Philip H. Hart
Could it not be both?
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-25 05:42:28 UTC
In his free time, he's helping OJ find the real killers.
Philip H. Hart
2007-02-25 08:05:45 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by AGW is a scam
I know the globe is warming and I am in the process of proving that CO2
is NOT the cause .
In his free time, he's helping OJ find the real killers.
Did you know Mr Scam hunted down O.binL. single-handed, but the
American military screwed it up with their back-up. No wonder he's
always totally pissed off.

Incidentally, if Vista just works, might it not be better to stick
with an O/S that really works.
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-25 09:06:31 UTC
Post by Philip H. Hart
Incidentally, if Vista just works, might it not be better to stick
with an O/S that really works.
So far I haven't found one that is superior to Windows.

One day I hope to see Linux install without Kacking all over itself.

Linux - The never ready for Prime Time OS.
Philip H. Hart
2007-02-25 11:58:06 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Philip H. Hart
Incidentally, if Vista just works, might it not be better to stick
with an O/S that really works.
So far I haven't found one that is superior to Windows.
One day I hope to see Linux install without Kacking all over itself.
Why don't you use a live CD, or buy a ready installed box? The
problems for installing any O/S usually arise when another O/S is
already present.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux - The never ready for Prime Time OS.
A lot of Linux users would prefer it remain low key. They say it
deters the hackers from trying to poke holes in it, which is likely
very possible.
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-25 12:51:10 UTC
Post by Philip H. Hart
Why don't you use a live CD, or buy a ready installed box?
Linux is a bad joke, pretending to be an OS. It's a rehash of the
perpetual failure that is Unix, and it suffers from the same brain dead
ideology that allowed DOS to beat the living crap out of it, and become the
preeminent OS of it's era.
Post by Philip H. Hart
The problems for installing any O/S usually arise when another O/S is
already present.
I've never tried to install a duel boot system. Linux simply just refuses
to install, or more precisely refuses to install itself and provide any
acceptable level of performance or capability.

Running the OS from a CD necessarily means that most of the hardware is
run in compatibility mode. Meaning polled I/O for CD/DVD's usually 1980's
VESA graphics without hardware acceleration, etc, etc. etc...

One might as well be running Windows 3.1 than Linux.

I got a kick out of the last version of Knoppix I audited. Installing to
the HD gave me 6 icons for my CD drive. Two of which actually displayed the
hard drive contents when selected. 3 of them I couldn't delete The HD had
two additional desktop icons, I could delete 1 of those. The DVD drive
didn't work at all, and the bezil installer failed.

The Knoppix screen saver didn't work either.

Next I audited the latest version of Ubuntu. It's network configuration
utilities are broken, and refused to allow me to get any kind of network
access.

In short, with 3 working PC's, and almost 2 dozen Linux installs, I have
yet to see the OS actually install and run without Kacking over itself.

It's quite laughable.
Post by Philip H. Hart
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux - The never ready for Prime Time OS.
A lot of Linux users would prefer it remain low key. They say it
deters the hackers from trying to poke holes in it, which is likely
very possible.
Cert documents more holes in the LinTurd OS than in Windows at this point.

I'm not a big fan of Microsoft, but like it or not, Windows Works, and
Unix/Linux is just 1960's era filth. Although 1960's era filth with a fresh
coat of paint covering the underlying grease and grime.

Oh, there is no serious development environment for Linux.

Visual Studio is far and away the very best programming environment ever
created.

I've played with JavaBeans - Kdevelop and Real Basic. Real Basic was a
riot because on a 1ghz machine it couldn't respond to button clicks in under
half a second.

JavaBeans tries to be Visual Studio like but is hostage to completely
irrational behaviour.

For example, changing the text on a button causes the button to be redrawn
to it's initial position. Move a button, change it's text and as a side
effect it automatically moves back to it's initial position in direct
violation of the principle of object encapsulation that is behind it's OOP
programming paradigm that is designed to prevent side effects.

This kind of nonsense half implemented, inconsistant, self contradictory
design is the hallmark of the brain dead C/C++, LinTurd/UniTurd universe.

Filth... Absolute Filth.
Retief
2007-02-26 05:35:55 UTC
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:51:10 -0500, "VistaJustWorks"
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Philip H. Hart
Why don't you use a live CD, or buy a ready installed box?
That's because the Scott Nudds troll (posting under a variety of nyms)
is incapable of thinking...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux is a bad joke, pretending to be an OS. It's a rehash of the
Yeah, Linux is a real pain in the butt... When your computer hardware
finally explodes, after years and years of hard use, it's quite
difficult to remember how you installed your system (since you _never_
really have to fix it, or perform a system reinstall exept under
hardware failures)...

MS products have the "advantage" that they keep you in practice, by
requiring regular, periodic HDD reformat/reinstall cycles... ;)
Post by VistaJustWorks
perpetual failure that is Unix, and it suffers from the same brain dead
ideology that allowed DOS to beat the living crap out of it, and become the
preeminent OS of it's era.
DOS beats the hell out of Windows, also...
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've never tried to install a duel boot system.
That's because you're a moron, Scott...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux simply just refuses
to install, or more precisely refuses to install itself and provide any
acceptable level of performance or capability.
Bwahahaha... That's because you're a moron.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Running the OS from a CD necessarily means that most of the hardware is
run in compatibility mode. Meaning polled I/O for CD/DVD's usually 1980's
Didn't anyone tell you, you need at least a 386 with 4 MB memory to to
run Linux... You'll have to retire your 286/8088...
Post by VistaJustWorks
VESA graphics without hardware acceleration, etc, etc. etc...
You'll never know, because even Linux live CDs are beyond your
capabilities...
Post by VistaJustWorks
One might as well be running Windows 3.1 than Linux.
Yeah, sure... Go for it.
Post by VistaJustWorks
I got a kick out of the last version of Knoppix I audited. Installing to
the HD gave me 6 icons for my CD drive. Two of which actually displayed the
hard drive contents when selected. 3 of them I couldn't delete The HD had
Do us all a favor, Scott...after you load your Knoppix disk,

hit: <cntl><alt><F2>
then: mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
then do: rm -rf /mnt/hda1/*

<Chuckle>
Post by VistaJustWorks
The Knoppix screen saver didn't work either.
Gosh, you poor baby...
Post by VistaJustWorks
In short, with 3 working PC's, and almost 2 dozen Linux installs, I have
yet to see the OS actually install and run without Kacking over itself.
Bwahahaha...
Post by VistaJustWorks
It's quite laughable.
Yes, Scott Nudds is quite laughable.

Retief
Philip H. Hart
2007-02-26 06:44:24 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
It's quite laughable.
Yes, Scott Nudds is quite laughable.
I apologise unreservedly to the group for inadvertently starting this
O/T.

PHH
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-26 07:21:57 UTC
Feh! It will die out quickly enough.
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-26 07:09:02 UTC
Post by Retief
Yeah, Linux is a real pain in the butt... When your computer hardware
finally explodes, after years and years of hard use, it's quite
difficult to remember how you installed your system (since you _never_
really have to fix it, or perform a system reinstall exept under
hardware failures)...
LinTards keep saying this kind of thing, but I have never actually seen
Linux actually install properly. Neither has anyone I know seen such a
thing, and together we have audited and installed dozens and dozens of
versions on various PC's.

There is always some hardware support problem. Typically the video card,
or the sound card, or the network card, or something that makes the OS
either impossible to use, or too flakey too use, too inefficient to use, or
just too damn ugly to use.

It is the experience of everyone I know that once the OS is installed you
might get about 2 weeks of use out of it before the installation of an
application takes the entire OS down, or destroys the audio/video/networking
subsystem.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
perpetual failure that is Unix, and it suffers from the same brain dead
ideology that allowed DOS to beat the living crap out of it, and become the
preeminent OS of it's era.
DOS beats the hell out of Windows, also...
A misstatement since Windows started as a DOS application and eventually
grew to incorporate DOS and finally dispensed with DOS entirely. Windows
ate DOS. DOS on the other hand utterly destroyed the Unix Shit Stick.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've never tried to install a duel boot system.
That's because you're a moron, Scott...
No, it's because I have three PC's here, and can always relegate one for
experimentation.

I've just built a third for the purpose of giving the LinTurd OS yet
another shot at some standard hardware.

Ubuntu won't install properly of course, and neither will knoppix.
Now Ubuntu is in beta, but it's primary problem is that it won't allow me
to configure the network settings. It keeps setting the ports IP address
back to 0.0.0.0. We will see what happens in April. But I don't expect
much, since Linux never manages to impress and always manages to fail and
disappoint.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux simply just refuses
to install, or more precisely refuses to install itself and provide any
acceptable level of performance or capability.
Bwahahaha... That's because you're a moron.
Actually, it's because I don't consider having a software emulated cursor
and lack of 2d acceleration on a 3d accelerated video card to be a valid
install.

Similarly I don't consider having my DVD drive running in polled IO mode
to be a valid install either. And neither do I consider not having the OS
identify or provide support for the networking card valid either.

Now most LinTurds do. Mostly because they don't have a clue. But also
because - well - they are typically childish adolesents living in their
mama's basement using a PC they managed to rescue out of someone's trash.

Now there is nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't use it as the basis
of a mindless religion , as they have.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Running the OS from a CD necessarily means that most of the hardware is
run in compatibility mode. Meaning polled I/O for CD/DVD's usually 1980's
Didn't anyone tell you, you need at least a 386 with 4 MB memory to to
run Linux... You'll have to retire your 286/8088...
Duel core Athelon2, 2 Ghz, 1 gig memory, Nvidia graphics
Single core Celleron 3 Ghz, 1 gig memory. Intel 3000 integrated graphics
(eh)
Single core Pentium 4, 1.1 Ghz, .5 gig memory, ATI 7200 graphics.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
VESA graphics without hardware acceleration, etc, etc. etc...
You'll never know, because even Linux live CDs are beyond your
capabilities...
I note that they run virtually all hardware in low speed compatibility
mode.

I have never had a version of Linux run my Linksys network card at
anything but 1/10th speed.

With XP. No problem. In fact, no problem with any hardware.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
One might as well be running Windows 3.1 than Linux.
Yeah, sure... Go for it.
Oh, I would never do that. Just as I will never run a ShitBox OS like the
LinTurd OS when it runs no better than 3.1

And so far, the LinTurd OS, doesn't.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
I got a kick out of the last version of Knoppix I audited. Installing to
the HD gave me 6 icons for my CD drive. Two of which actually displayed the
hard drive contents when selected. 3 of them I couldn't delete The HD had
Do us all a favor, Scott...after you load your Knoppix disk,
After I load it, and it fails, I generally microwave them. They make
pretty sparkles as the LinTurd Shit Licker OS is erased from existance.

Quite entertaining, and satisfying.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
The Knoppix screen saver didn't work either.
Gosh, you poor baby...
It's simply indicative of the lack of quality in the LinTurd OS.
Essentially nothing works properly.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
In short, with 3 working PC's, and almost 2 dozen Linux installs, I have
yet to see the OS actually install and run without Kacking over itself.
Bwahahaha...
Ya, I agree. Linux - the never ready for prime time OS is quite
laughable.

The OS is Pathetic actually. Absolutely pathetic.
Retief
2007-02-28 05:01:03 UTC
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:09:02 -0500, "VistaJustWorks"
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Yeah, Linux is a real pain in the butt... When your computer hardware
finally explodes, after years and years of hard use, it's quite
difficult to remember how you installed your system (since you _never_
really have to fix it, or perform a system reinstall exept under
hardware failures)...
LinTards keep saying this kind of thing, but I have never actually seen
Linux actually install properly.
That's because you lack the brains of a gnat.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Neither has anyone I know seen such a
thing, and together we have audited and installed dozens and dozens of
versions on various PC's.
Yeah, so you hang around with slope brows... What else is new?
Post by VistaJustWorks
There is always some hardware support problem. Typically the video card,
or the sound card, or the network card, or something that makes the OS
either impossible to use, or too flakey too use, too inefficient to use, or
just too damn ugly to use.
That describes Windows... A virus is generally described as a program
that causes your computer to slow down, lose data and crash your
system -- just like Windows.
Post by VistaJustWorks
It is the experience of everyone I know that once the OS is installed you
might get about 2 weeks of use out of it before the installation of an
application takes the entire OS down, or destroys the audio/video/networking
subsystem.
That's funny, I have just shut down a system that had been up for 8-9
years, nonstop. In that 8-9 years, I had _1_ (one) crash due to a
piece of software (Netscape) corrupting the operating system, causing
said crash.

Conversely, the Windows (including XP) systems I use, generally crash
on average once per day.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
DOS beats the hell out of Windows, also...
A misstatement since Windows started as a DOS application and eventually
Not a misstatement. Windows started a shell program (and technically
continued that way through Win ME), and generally worked for crap.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've never tried to install a duel boot system.
That's because you're a moron, Scott...
No, it's because I have three PC's here, and can always relegate one for
experimentation.
Oh!...let me look... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... Yes, I have 7 computers
within 5 feet of me. 5 of those systems run as dual boot systems --
they range from 200 MHz to 2.5 GHz.... All of them (including the
laptop which is being prepped for dual boot) have run under one or
more Linux live CD OSes, as well.
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've just built a third for the purpose of giving the LinTurd OS yet
another shot at some standard hardware.
Why bother, you're obviously incapable of making it work, so just give
up. Just keep running your MS Windows...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Now there is nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't use it as the basis
of a mindless religion , as they have.
Yeah, that's right, you already have a mindless religion. That's the
one where every observation is attributed to AGW...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Duel core Athelon2, 2 Ghz, 1 gig memory, Nvidia graphics
Single core Celleron 3 Ghz, 1 gig memory. Intel 3000 integrated graphics
Maybe that's why you can't find drivers... You don't know how to
spell Athlon, Celeron and Dual.
Post by VistaJustWorks
With XP. No problem. In fact, no problem with any hardware.
Other than it makes my 2+ GHz desktop machine run slower than my 500
MHz Win98 system, running identical computational code. And under
Linux the same code runs faster.

Retief
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 08:34:12 UTC
Post by Retief
That's because you lack the brains of a gnat.
Correct. I lack a gnat brain I have the brain of a highly educated man who
has an IQ somewhere between 160 and 180.

You on the other hand are nothing more than a intellectual inferior and a
proven Liar.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Neither has anyone I know seen such a
thing, and together we have audited and installed dozens and dozens of
versions on various PC's.
Yeah, so you hang around with slope brows... What else is new?
Well then perhaps you can answer the question. Where on the install
button do I press in order to get a reliable install? Pressing in the
middle produces an unreliable or non-functional install. Where is the
hidden install button?
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
There is always some hardware support problem. Typically the video card,
or the sound card, or the network card, or something that makes the OS
either impossible to use, or too flakey too use, too inefficient to use, or
just too damn ugly to use.
That describes Windows... A virus is generally described as a program
that causes your computer to slow down, lose data and crash your
system -- just like Windows.
With windows, I take out the driver disks that came with the hardware - if
there is an issue - and virtually never is there an issue - and then install
the appropriate driver.

The LinTurd OS, virtually never has that ability.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
It is the experience of everyone I know that once the OS is installed you
might get about 2 weeks of use out of it before the installation of an
application takes the entire OS down, or destroys the
audio/video/networking
subsystem.
That's funny, I have just shut down a system that had been up for 8-9
years, nonstop.
Command line driven junk running on a 386 and acting as a low grade print
server or as a router that can be replaced with a $20 dedicated box that
runs off of a wall wart.

Woo hoo. My router never crashes either. Neither does my toaster.

Just say Linux if you wish to live in the past.
Post by Retief
Conversely, the Windows (including XP) systems I use, generally crash
on average once per day.
I have three PC's here, and they never crash. Never had any of them go down
once I put them on a UPS. Rock stable - 100% for months and months.

Obviously you are too stupid to use Windows.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
DOS beats the hell out of Windows, also...
A misstatement since Windows started as a DOS application and eventually
Not a misstatement. Windows started a shell program (and technically
continued that way through Win ME), and generally worked for crap.
Quite a misstatement since Windows absorbed DOS. DOS lost to windows
since it was eaten by windows.

Stupid... Stupid.. Retief.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
No, it's because I have three PC's here, and can always relegate one for
experimentation.
Oh!...let me look... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... Yes, I have 7 computers
within 5 feet of me.
I'm happy for you. Why would anyone care?

The point that was made, you ignorant Dung Eater, is that I have no use
for duel booting anything as there is always a PC here that can be used for
experimentation.

In fact, that is why I built machine 3.

It's not running Linux though. Linux won't install on the machine.

Ahahahahahahahah.... What a shit OS. Absolute shit.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've just built a third for the purpose of giving the LinTurd OS yet
another shot at some standard hardware.
Why bother, you're obviously incapable of making it work, so just give
up. Just keep running your MS Windows...
My involvement in the install is inserting the CD and clicking on the
install button., selecting the partitions and that's about it. Everything
else is up to the LinTurds who create the OS.

If it doesn't install, then it is their failure, not mine.
Post by Retief
Yeah, that's right, you already have a mindless religion. That's the
one where every observation is attributed to AGW...
I am trained in the sciences, and hence I know a lying piece of shit like
you when I see one.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Duel core Athelon2, 2 Ghz, 1 gig memory, Nvidia graphics
Single core Celleron 3 Ghz, 1 gig memory. Intel 3000 integrated graphics
Maybe that's why you can't find drivers... You don't know how to
spell Athlon, Celeron and Dual.
No drivers are needed for the CPU, it's recognized no problem. I've never
seen any symmetric multitasking though since after a couple of dozen
versions, no version of Linux would install on the machine.

Susi just died, Ubuntu failed to buntu and Red Hat provided nothing but a
1960's era teletype interface.

Ahahahahahahah... Linux the OS if you wish to live in the past.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
With XP. No problem. In fact, no problem with any hardware.
Other than it makes my 2+ GHz desktop machine run slower than my 500
MHz Win98 system, running identical computational code. And under
Linux the same code runs faster.
Under Linux the same code doesn't run at all. And wndows executes
remarkably fast. Linux on the other hand was when it did anything at all,
sluggish on the exact same hardware. Very sluggish. Probably 1/4 the speed
of Windows if not more.

The primary reason was that Linux didn't have any 2d acclearation and was
doing all the screen updates in VESA mode with the CPU, and ignoring
entirely the billion or so transistors on the display card that were
available for providing video acceleration.

Oh, the audio didn't work either, and the network card ,generally didnt'
work, and although with one version of Linux, I lived with most of these
limitations for a week or so, the OS finally did a kernel panic one morning
and the OS was completely toast at that point.

Hard drive reformatted, windows installed, and it has been running
flawlessly for the last 6 months.

Linux - the Never ready for prime time OS.
Retief
2007-03-01 05:00:40 UTC
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:34:12 -0800, "VistaJustWorks"
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
That's because you lack the brains of a gnat.
Correct. I lack a gnat brain I have the brain of a highly educated man who
has an IQ somewhere between 160 and 180.
Bwahahaha.... Not while I'm drinking Coke, please...

Indeed, your publicly expressed interest in sucking other people's
cocks, must derive from your self-proclaimed exceptional IQ... yes, I
recall you now: "Scott Nudds, Super Genius". Here's a picture of
Scott installing Linux:

http://www.answers.com/topic/zoomandbored-jpg
Post by VistaJustWorks
You on the other hand are nothing more than a intellectual inferior and a
proven Liar.
Uh huh, that explains why you are singularly unable to answer
challenges with anything other than insults and derogatory comments.
Yes, the readers of this newsgroup can evaluate your intelligence
based on the quality and accuracy of your responses.

So when are you going to move out of your mama's basement, Scott?
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Conversely, the Windows (including XP) systems I use, generally crash
on average once per day.
I have three PC's here, and they never crash. Never had any of them go down
once I put them on a UPS. Rock stable - 100% for months and months.
Obviously you are too stupid to use Windows.
It is well known that Windows is generally completely stable for users
who never do anything beyond email and word processing. That is,
Windows works fine for people who don't actually need a computer.

The reader can guess the extent of your computer use, based on your
experience with stability.
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Not a misstatement. Windows started a shell program (and technically
continued that way through Win ME), and generally worked for crap.
Quite a misstatement since Windows absorbed DOS. DOS lost to windows
since it was eaten by windows.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Shell

"In computing, Windows Shell is the most visible aspect of the
Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. The shell is the
container inside of which the entire user interface is presented,
including the Task bar, the Desktop, Windows Explorer, as well as many
of the dialog boxes and interface controls, but also describes the
past shells, like MS-DOS Executive and Program Manager."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOS

"MS-DOS is still common today and was the foundation for many of
Microsoft's operating systems (from Windows 1.0 through Windows Me).
MS-DOS was later abandoned as the foundation for their operating
systems."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOS

"MS-DOS (short for Microsoft Disk Operating System) is an operating
system commercialized by Microsoft."

Though technically the command interpreter (command.com) was a shell,
MS and others didn't offer any alternate shells (unlike the Linux
family, where a variety of command shells and window systems exist).
Post by VistaJustWorks
Stupid... Stupid.. Retief.
Oh look! Scott Nudds is again demonstrating his "superior
intelligence"...
Post by VistaJustWorks
The point that was made, you ignorant Dung Eater, is that I have no use
Gosh, Scott Nudds is SO intelligent, that he can hardly write a
sentence without including an insult. But rarely does he include any
facts, only his unsupported opinions.
Post by VistaJustWorks
It's not running Linux though. Linux won't install on the machine.
Ahahahahahahahah.... What a shit OS. Absolute shit.
Excellent... Make sure that you stay away from Linux. It is far too
much for your grossly inferior intelligence.
Post by VistaJustWorks
My involvement in the install is inserting the CD and clicking on the
It is more likely that your involvement is limited to simply inserting
hamsters...
Post by VistaJustWorks
install button., selecting the partitions and that's about it. Everything
else is up to the LinTurds who create the OS.
If it doesn't install, then it is their failure, not mine.
Hahahahaha... What a dumbasss...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Yeah, that's right, you already have a mindless religion. That's the
one where every observation is attributed to AGW...
I am trained in the sciences, and hence I know a lying piece of shit like
you when I see one.
That's why you use so many "scientific principles", such as ad
hominems and other logical fallacies, instead of scientific data and
logic. Yes, I understand Scott...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Maybe that's why you can't find drivers... You don't know how to
spell Athlon, Celeron and Dual.
No drivers are needed for the CPU, it's recognized no problem. I've never
Snicker... When you select a Linux package for a particular
architecture, you have selected drivers for a family of processors. If
your processor is not recognized, correct operation is unlikely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

"...while the Linux kernel was originally designed only for Intel
80386 microprocessors, it now supports dozens of computer
architectures."
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Other than it makes my 2+ GHz desktop machine run slower than my 500
MHz Win98 system, running identical computational code. And under
Linux the same code runs faster.
Under Linux the same code doesn't run at all.
Aha... I see the problem... Self proclaimed "Scott Nudds, Super
Genius" doesn't know how to write code, nor how to compile on multiple
software platforms...
Post by VistaJustWorks
And wndows executes remarkably fast.
...For a sloth...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Linux on the other hand was when it did anything at all,
sluggish on the exact same hardware. Very sluggish. Probably 1/4 the speed
of Windows if not more.
It sounds like you'd better not use Linux... It is far beyond your
abilities.

Retief
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-28 10:13:57 UTC
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Correct. I lack a gnat brain I have the brain of a highly educated man who
has an IQ somewhere between 160 and 180.
Bwahahaha.... Not while I'm drinking Coke, please...
You mean doing coke. That is the only thing that could explain your
vacant, derranged content of your posts.
Post by Retief
Indeed, your publicly expressed interest in sucking other people's
cocks...
There you go, puffing on that crack pipe again.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
You on the other hand are nothing more than a intellectual inferior and a
proven Liar.
Uh huh, that explains why you are singularly unable to answer
challenges
Which just proves once again that you are a liar.
Post by Retief
So when are you going to move out of your mama's basement, Scott?
My Mama is long dead, and I have no basement.

Stupid... Dishonest Retief...

Philip H. Hart
2007-02-26 06:56:50 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Philip H. Hart
The problems for installing any O/S usually arise when another O/S is
already present.
I've never tried to install a duel boot system. Linux simply just refuses
to install, or more precisely refuses to install itself and provide any
acceptable level of performance or capability
.
Had you considered the possibility that the problem might be with
you . I only ask because thousands of people install GNU/ Linux O/Ss
every day without problems it seems. Dell computers ship pre-installed
Linux boxes I believe.

Also I think you should take your rant to another ng that is designed
for it. There's one called alt.linux.sucks for example. I'm feeling
rather guilty about having started off this O/T on alt.g-w
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-26 07:29:03 UTC
Had you considered the possibility that the problem might be with you.
Gee, I don't know. You click on the install button and the OS installs or
fails to do so.

Is there some magic hidden button that I don't know about?

Am I supposed to click on the button while waving a dead chicken over my
head?

Click twice for a proper install, once for a broken one?

If you have any theories let me know.
I only ask because thousands of people install GNU/ Linux O/Ss
every day without problems it seems.
Yup, and thousands of them install it the next day, and the next day, and
the next. Mostly they are the same people looking for a "distro" that
works.

Some just give up and live with running their hardware in slug mode.

Who needs video acceleration when you are forced to do everyithing from
the command line anyhow?
Dell computers ship pre-installed Linux boxes I believe.
Not sure if Dell still sells them. Wallmart tried for a while to sell
LinTurd boxes as well.

No one wants Linux - It's a piece of garbage. Always has been, probably
always will be.

It's a Unix clone, so it pretty much has to be filth.
I prefer alt.linux.advocasy. Stab the Luciferians in the heart.
Philip H. Hart
2007-02-27 09:51:20 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Had you considered the possibility that the problem might be with you.
Gee, I don't know.
[...]

A simple 'no' or 'yes' would have been sufficient.
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-26 20:53:33 UTC
Post by Philip H. Hart
A simple 'no' or 'yes' would have been sufficient.
Not by a long shot.

Linux is garbage. It's Unix, and therefore there really isn't much hope
for it.
Retief
2007-02-28 05:01:03 UTC
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:29:03 -0500, "VistaJustWorks"
Post by VistaJustWorks
Had you considered the possibility that the problem might be with you.
Gee, I don't know. You click on the install button and the OS installs or
fails to do so.
Windows doesn't do that... My favorite is when it hasn't installed
the CD drivers (even though it's been reading from the CD for the
install), and can't find the CD to install the drivers for any of the
hardware... That is such a riot!...

And don't forget to reboot after every single hardware driver
install... You can never reboot too many times during an install...
Post by VistaJustWorks
Am I supposed to click on the button while waving a dead chicken over my
head?
Is that how you divine your absurd AGW correlations and claims?

Retief
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 08:44:58 UTC
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Gee, I don't know. You click on the install button and the OS installs or
fails to do so.
Windows doesn't do that...
Correct, because if it didn't then there would be a logical contradiction.
And since the universe is free from the logical contradictions that pollute
your small mind, windows either installs or it doesn't. So far, in the
decade I've used it and installed it on countless other machines, it has
never failed to install.

Linux on the other hand. I have never had install successfully in over 2
dozen attempts. The same is true for everyone else I know.

Linux = Shit Stick.
Post by Retief
My favorite is when it hasn't installed
the CD drivers (even though it's been reading from the CD for the
install), and can't find the CD to install the drivers for any of the
hardware... That is such a riot!...
Of course. It can't find them because you need to provide the driver disk
that came with the drive. The drive itself will still run under windows
though in compatibility mode. And then when you get the proper drivers you
just istall them.

I haven't had to go though that second install process in the last 8
years.

The LinTurd OS on the other hand now provides me with 5 DVD icons on my
desktop and 3 identical HD icons. most of which can't be deleted.

Now that's an OS.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaah...

Post by Retief
And don't forget to reboot after every single hardware driver
install... You can never reboot too many times during an install...
I generally reboot once. I decline the kind offer to reboot with each
device install, and then reboot on the last one, to ensure that all of the
driver files are loaded.

It's not rocket science, but obviously too complex for you.

Ahahahahahahahah

Stupid... Stupid.. Retief.
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Am I supposed to click on the button while waving a dead chicken over my
head?
Is that how you divine your absurd AGW correlations and claims?
No I read peer reviewed science journals for that.

You on the other hand are just a chronic liar, like every other Libertarian
in existance.
Jim E
2007-02-28 06:44:39 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Retief
Post by VistaJustWorks
Gee, I don't know. You click on the install button and the OS installs or
fails to do so.
Windows doesn't do that...
Correct, because if it didn't then there would be a logical
contradiction. And since the universe is free from the logical
contradictions that pollute your small mind, windows either installs or it
doesn't. So far, in the decade I've used it and installed it on countless
other machines, it has never failed to install.
Linux on the other hand. I have never had install successfully in over 2
dozen attempts. The same is true for everyone else I know.
Linux = Shit Stick.
Linux? why bother it supports no aps.
It's a fringe OS for cultists.

Jim E
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 09:56:25 UTC
Post by Jim E
Linux? why bother it supports no aps.
It's a fringe OS for cultists.
A fringe OS by fools, for fools.

The problem is, VISTA.DRM.
Jim E
2007-02-28 07:04:58 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Jim E
Linux? why bother it supports no aps.
It's a fringe OS for cultists.
A fringe OS by fools, for fools.
The problem is, VISTA.DRM.
I'll stick with this old MS gorp till forced to change.
It works, that's all I ask
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 10:13:24 UTC
Post by Jim E
I'll stick with this old MS gorp till forced to change.
It works, that's all I ask
I'll probably have to myself since there is no working alternative.

As a lark, I even tried a verion of Open Solaris, but it's hardware
support is even worse than the LinTurd OS. So it wouldn't even boot to
anthing but a 1960's style command line at best.

Linux/Unix. Always been pieces of absolute filth, always will be. Crap
from the day they were cobbled together by morons.
Jim E
2007-02-28 08:33:55 UTC
Post by VistaJustWorks
Post by Jim E
I'll stick with this old MS gorp till forced to change.
It works, that's all I ask
I'll probably have to myself since there is no working alternative.
As a lark, I even tried a verion of Open Solaris, but it's hardware
support is even worse than the LinTurd OS. So it wouldn't even boot to
anthing but a 1960's style command line at best.
Linux/Unix. Always been pieces of absolute filth, always will be. Crap
from the day they were cobbled together by morons.
Everybody off the buss.
Everybody back on the bus.
It always works.

Jim E
H2-PV Fast Track to Energy Security
2007-02-28 07:13:46 UTC
Post by Jim E
Linux? why bother it supports no aps.
It's a fringe OS for cultists.
Jim E
Yeah, about the only thing Linux is good for is running the internet
and google.
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 10:22:03 UTC
"H2-PV Fast Track to Energy Security" wrote in message
Post by H2-PV Fast Track to Energy Security
Yeah, about the only thing Linux is good for is running the internet
and google.
Very damning I agree when you consider that an OS isn't needed for either
of those two functions.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Linux kernel, and Gnome and
KDE are marginally adequate. It's just everything else that's absolute
garbage.

Linux - The never ready for prime time OS.
Retief
2007-02-28 05:01:03 UTC
Post by Philip H. Hart
Post by VistaJustWorks
I've never tried to install a duel boot system. Linux simply just refuses
to install, or more precisely refuses to install itself and provide any
acceptable level of performance or capability
.
Had you considered the possibility that the problem might be with
you . I only ask because thousands of people install GNU/ Linux O/Ss
Almost certainly an individual Scott Nudds problem...
Post by Philip H. Hart
Also I think you should take your rant to another ng that is designed
for it. There's one called alt.linux.sucks for example. I'm feeling
rather guilty about having started off this O/T on alt.g-w
Scott Nudds (aka Vista, among other nyms) is well known for his
off-topic postings, rants and such. With the noise in these groups,
no-one will notice...

Retief
VistaJustWorks
2007-02-27 08:45:38 UTC
Post by Retief
Scott Nudds (aka Vista, among other nyms) is well known for his
off-topic postings, rants and such.
No concept lies more firmly embedded in our national character than the
notion
that the USA is "No. 1," "the greatest." Our broadcast media are, in
essence,
continuous advertisements for the brand name "America Is No. 1." Any office
seeker saying otherwise would be committing political suicide. In fact,
anyone
saying otherwise will be labeled "un-American." We're an "empire," ain't we?
Sure we are. An empire without a manufacturing base. An empire that must
borrow
$2 billion a day from its competitors in order to function. Yet the delusion
is
ineradicable. We're No. 1. Well...this is the country you really live in:

The United States is 49th in the world in literacy (the New York Times,
Dec.
12, 2004).

The United States ranked 28th out of 40 countries in mathematical literacy
(NYT, Dec. 12, 2004).

Twenty percent of Americans think the sun orbits the earth. Seventeen
percent
believe the earth revolves around the sun once a day (The Week, Jan. 7,
2005).

"The International Adult Literacy Survey...found that Americans with less
than
nine years of education 'score worse than virtually all of the other
countries'" (Jeremy Rifkin's superbly documented book The European Dream:
How
Europe's Vision of the Future Is Quietly Eclipsing the American Dream,
p.78).

Our workers are so ignorant and lack so many basic skills that American
businesses spend $30 billion a year on remedial training (NYT, Dec. 12,
2004).
No wonder they relocate elsewhere!

"The European Union leads the U.S. in...the number of science and
engineering
graduates; public research and development (R&D) expenditures; and new
capital
raised" (The European Dream, p.70).

"Europe surpassed the United States in the mid-1990s as the largest
producer
of scientific literature" (The European Dream, p.70).

Nevertheless, Congress cut funds to the National Science Foundation. The
agency will issue 1,000 fewer research grants this year (NYT, Dec. 21,
2004).
Foreign applications to U.S. grad schools declined 28 percent last year.
Foreign student enrollment on all levels fell for the first time in three
decades, but increased greatly in Europe and China. Last year Chinese
grad-school graduates in the U.S. dropped 56 percent, Indians 51 percent,
South Koreans 28 percent (NYT, Dec. 21, 2004). We're not the place to be
anymore.

The World Health Organization "ranked the countries of the world in terms
of
overall health performance, and the U.S. [was]...37th." In the fairness of
health care, we're 54th. "The irony is that the United States spends more
per
capita for health care than any other nation in the world" (The European
Dream, pp.79-80). Pay more, get lots, lots less.

"The U.S. and South Africa are the only two developed countries in the
world
that do not provide health care for all their citizens" (The European
Dream,
p.80). Excuse me, but since when is South Africa a "developed" country?
Anyway, that's the company we're keeping.

Lack of health insurance coverage causes 18,000 unnecessary American
deaths a
year. (That's six times the number of people killed on 9/11.) (NYT, Jan.
12,
2005.)

"U.S. childhood poverty now ranks 22nd, or second to last, among the
developed
nations. Only Mexico scores lower" (The European Dream, p.81). Been to
Mexico
lately? Does it look "developed" to you? Yet it's the only "developed"
country
to score lower in childhood poverty.

Twelve million American families--more than 10 percent of all U.S.
households--"continue to struggle, and not always successfully, to feed
themselves." Families that "had members who actually went hungry at some
point
last year" numbered 3.9 million (NYT, Nov. 22, 2004).

The United States is 41st in the world in infant mortality. Cuba scores
higher
(NYT, Jan. 12, 2005).

Women are 70 percent more likely to die in childbirth in America than in
Europe (NYT, Jan. 12, 2005).

The leading cause of death of pregnant women in this country is murder
(CNN,
Dec. 14, 2004).

"Of the 20 most developed countries in the world, the U.S. was dead last
in
the growth rate of total compensation to its workforce in the 1980s.... In
the
1990s, the U.S. average compensation growth rate grew only slightly, at an
annual rate of about 0.1 percent" (The European Dream, p.39). Yet
Americans
work longer hours per year than any other industrialized country, and get
less
vacation time.

"Sixty-one of the 140 biggest companies on the Global Fortune 500 rankings
are
European, while only 50 are U.S. companies" (The European Dream, p.66).
"In a
recent survey of the world's 50 best companies, conducted by Global
Finance,
all but one were European" (The European Dream, p.69).

"Fourteen of the 20 largest commercial banks in the world today are
European.... In the chemical industry, the European company BASF is the
world's leader, and three of the top six players are European. In
engineering
and construction, three of the top five companies are European.... The two
others are Japanese. Not a single American engineering and construction
company is included among the world's top nine competitors. In food and
consumer products, Nestlé and Unilever, two European giants, rank first
and
second, respectively, in the world. In the food and drugstore retail
trade,
two European companies...are first and second, and European companies make
up
five of the top ten. Only four U.S. companies are on the list" (The
European
Dream, p.68).

The United States has lost 1.3 million jobs to China in the last decade
(CNN,
Jan. 12, 2005).

U.S. employers eliminated 1 million jobs in 2004 (The Week, Jan. 14,
2005).
Three million six hundred thousand Americans ran out of unemployment
insurance
last year; 1.8 million--one in five--unemployed workers are jobless for
more
than six months (NYT, Jan. 9, 2005).

Japan, China, Taiwan, and South Korea hold 40 percent of our government
debt.

(That's why we talk nice to them.) "By helping keep mortgage rates from
rising, China has come to play an enormous and little-noticed role in
sustaining the American housing boom" (NYT, Dec. 4, 2004). Read that
twice. We
owe our housing boom to China, because they want us to keep buying all
that
stuff they manufacture.

Sometime in the next 10 years Brazil will probably pass the U.S. as the
world's largest agricultural producer. Brazil is now the world's largest
exporter of chickens, orange juice, sugar, coffee, and tobacco. Last year,
Brazil passed the U.S. as the world's largest beef producer. (Hear that,
you
poor deluded cowboys?) As a result, while we bear record trade deficits,
Brazil boasts a $30 billion trade surplus (NYT, Dec. 12, 2004).

As of last June, the U.S. imported more food than it exported (NYT, Dec.
12,
2004).

Bush: 62,027,582 votes. Kerry: 59,026,003 votes. Number of eligible voters
who
didn't show up: 79,279,000 (NYT, Dec. 26, 2004). That's more than a third.
Way
more. If more than a third of Iraqis don't show for their election, no
country
in the world will think that election legitimate.

One-third of all U.S. children are born out of wedlock. One-half of all
U.S.
children will live in a one-parent house (CNN, Dec. 10, 2004).

"Americans are now spending more money on gambling than on movies, videos,
DVDs, music, and books combined" (The European Dream, p.28).

"Nearly one out of four Americans [believe] that using violence to get
what
they want is acceptable" (The European Dream, p.32).

Forty-three percent of Americans think torture is sometimes justified,
according to a PEW Poll (Associated Press, Aug. 19, 2004).

"Nearly 900,000 children were abused or neglected in 2002, the last year
for
which such data are available" (USA Today, Dec. 21, 2004).

"The International Association of Chiefs of Police said that cuts by the
[Bush] administration in federal aid to local police agencies have left
the
nation more vulnerable than ever" (USA Today, Nov. 17, 2004).

No. 1? In most important categories we're not even in the Top 10 anymore.
Not
even close.

The USA is "No. 1" in nothing but weaponry, consumer spending, debt, and
delusion.