Are Bush and Cheney guilty of treason? Of course.
Harry Hope
2007-11-23 13:38:33 UTC
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_carol_wo_071121_are_bush_and_cheney_.htm

November 21, 2007 at 18:43:17

Are Bush and Cheney guilty of treason?

by Carol Wolman

US Constitution Article 3 Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War
against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and
Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the
Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in
open Court.

On Sept 20th, 2001, George W. Bush announced a "war on terror".

"Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It
will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been
found, stopped and defeated."
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html

If we are engaged in a war on terrorist groups, then anyone who gives
aid and comfort to terrorist groups is an enemy.

One major aim of terrorist groups is to get hold of weapons of mass
destruction, in order to better terrorize a target population, such as
the people of the US.

At the time Bush gave his speech, Valerie Plame was an undercover CIA
agent, running an international ring of CIA assets, whose job was
tracking WMD's through world black markets and preventing them from
falling into the hands of terrorists.

Two years later, her undercover identity was leaked to the press.

Her outing did serious and lasting damage.

Several intelligence officials described the damage in terms of how
long it would take for the agency to recover.

According to their own assessment, the CIA would be impaired for up to
"ten years" in its capacity to adequately monitor nuclear
proliferation on the level of efficiency and accuracy it had prior to
the White House leak of Plame Wilson's identity.
http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Outed_CIA_officer_was_working_on_0213.html

In other words, the outing of Valerie Plame made it much easier for
"every terrorist group of global reach" to acquire WMD's.

Thus, the outing of Valerie Plame gave aid and comfort to terrorist
groups.

In other words, whoever "leaked" her undercover CIA identity to the
press gave aid and comfort to terrorist groups, by making it easier
for them to acquire WMD's.

OUTING VALERIE PLAME WAS AN ACT OF TREASON.

"Scooter" Libby took the fall for the administration on the Plame
outing, after being convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice by
Patrick Fitzgerald's grand jury.

Bush suspended his sentence, so he did no jail time.

Now Scott McClelland, who was presidential spokesman at the time,
tells us that both Bush and Cheney were directly involved into
misleading him, Scott McClelland, into telling the press that no one
in the White House did the outing of Plame.

In other words, Bush and Cheney are co-conspirators in the outing of
Plame, or at least in the coverup and obstruction of justice.

They have both committed treason.

If Congress does not impeach them immediately, then the whole Congress
is guilty of treason.

Harry
Sid9
2007-11-23 15:25:23 UTC
[...]
Hey Harry...all your commie democrat buddies now run congress....and
have done NOTHING to stop the war........the PEOPLE elected these
democrats to do ONE thing
and they did NOTHING.
Suggest you bitch about that and not about what republicans are doing.
Impeach your own party for what they are NOT doing.
love
hank
How is communism treating you? Let me know how you like it.
Republicans in the senate have blocked every effort Democrats have made to
stop the war not withstanding that over 65% of all Americans oppose its
continuance.

Your post is a lie.

You know it.

You are a liar
Steve
2007-11-23 16:04:38 UTC
Post by Sid9
[...]
But what about all that gloating a year ago about how your guys
control both houses?

"I was a Senate Page for two years when I went to HS in Maryland. Why is
that hard to believe?"
--Milt.Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics/msg/45a41b2be7278eed?&q=senate+page

"Actually, I did misspeak on that one. One year in the House and one
year in the Senate."
--MilT.Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/06a060ef017bf1a0

No one has ever been both a Senate and a House page and no one has ever been a page for five years.

NOTE: Cox was fired in 1973.. Gingrich was first elected in 1978...

Archibald Cox was as fair a man as there ever was; THAT IS WHY NIXON FIRED
HIS ASS!! Spark, I would think you'd do more reading during your month in
exile. I was a page for someone on the judiciary committee at the time,
and none other than Bob Dole said that Archie Cox was a "fine man"...
--Milt.Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics/msg/bb35672e77b8808a

"I was a page when Newt first
started, and I thought he was an asshole then, and I've been waiting for
soething to change my mind. Nothing yet.."
--Milt.Shook
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/23e7664bf86121dc
Sid9
2007-11-23 16:15:55 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Sid9
[...]
Democrats do not "control" the Senate
Republicans have obstructed every effort there
Steve
2007-11-23 23:26:37 UTC
Post by Sid9
Post by Steve
Post by Sid9
[...]
No, actually, Democrats do control both houses, just not the leftist
Democrats.

zzpat
2007-11-23 16:56:30 UTC
Treason is very hard to prove but gross violations of the Geneva
Conventions are outlined as being grounds for the death penalty under
the War Crimes Act and are very easy to prove. Torture is listed as a
gross violation of the War Crimes Act and the Geneva Conventions. So
under US and International Law we can safely put Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld,
CIA agents, etc. to death.

In fact, there are many CIA agents being tried in absentia for War
Crimes etc. in other countries. When they're found guilty, they can be
apprehended and brought to justice. It's too bad so many people feel
for the lies that Bush used to take us to war. Not only did they destroy
the reputation of the US but they destroyed their ability to travel freely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bush is banned from traveling to many
countries after he leaves office. The rule of law isn't protecting him,
he broke it too many times.
--
Impeach Bush
http://zzpat.bravehost.com/

Impeach Search Engine:
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=012146513885108216046:rzesyut3kmm
Vandar
Due process be damned?
Phlip
2007-11-23 17:52:04 UTC
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
Treason is very hard to prove but gross violations of the Geneva
Conventions are outlined as being grounds for the death penalty under the
War Crimes Act and are very easy to prove. Torture is listed as a gross
violation of the War Crimes Act and the Geneva Conventions. So under US
and International Law we can safely put Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, CIA
agents, etc. to death.
Due process be damned?
We have that option. We are allowed to disappear and kill anyone who
threatens the USA, without due process.

However, violence never solves anything. The best possible outcome would be
the fascists are forced to testify exactly what they did and when. This
would go a long way towards preventing future fascism, and it would help the
USA's victims heal.

And capital punishment should never be used for conspirators, because the
names of their crime partners die with them. This provides an extraordinary
loophole for those partners, to assist in the politicking for the capital
punishment.
Phlip
zzpat
2007-11-23 17:57:34 UTC
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
Treason is very hard to prove but gross violations of the Geneva
Conventions are outlined as being grounds for the death penalty under
the War Crimes Act and are very easy to prove. Torture is listed as a
gross violation of the War Crimes Act and the Geneva Conventions. So
under US and International Law we can safely put Bush, Cheney,
Rumsfeld, CIA agents, etc. to death.
Due process be damned?
As a liberal who's opposed the gross violations of due process, I favor
court trials for Bush and his cronies even though they ignored this
concept for seven years.

Isn't it odd though, that after all this years of ignoring due process,
you NOW speak out about a perceived lack of due process?

Vandar
2007-11-23 21:29:39 UTC
Post by zzpat
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
Treason is very hard to prove but gross violations of the Geneva
Conventions are outlined as being grounds for the death penalty under
the War Crimes Act and are very easy to prove. Torture is listed as
a gross violation of the War Crimes Act and the Geneva Conventions.
So under US and International Law we can safely put Bush, Cheney,
Rumsfeld, CIA agents, etc. to death.
Due process be damned?
As a liberal who's opposed the gross violations of due process, I favor
court trials for Bush and his cronies even though they ignored this
concept for seven years.
Isn't it odd though, that after all this years of ignoring due process,
you NOW speak out about a perceived lack of due process?
I've never ignored it.
What's odd is that after all these years of crying about the
administration's lack of due process, you make a statement that ignores
due process.
Thus my question.
zzpat
2007-11-25 17:15:19 UTC
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
[...]
France recently dropped war crimes charges against Rumsfeld (torture)
because he was a head of government. Under our current rules, we
couldn't charge or try Hitler. So, what I speak of is reality.

This entire White House should be charged with war crimes and I have an
entire website dedicated to exposing this fact. On that site, I don't
call for Bush's death, which would be mandated by violating the War
Crimes Act, but instead I call for him impeachment and removal from
office and that of course is done through a trial in the Senate.

You've taken one sentence and tried to get it to say what you want it to
say.

Suomy Nona
2007-12-01 10:30:37 UTC
The very reason that anyone associated with the Bush Administration refuses
admit that waterboarding is torture is simple - such an admission would
clearly subject
the top dogs to prosecution.
Post by zzpat
Post by Vandar
Post by zzpat
Treason is very hard to prove but gross violations of the Geneva
Conventions are outlined as being grounds for the death penalty under
the War Crimes Act and are very easy to prove. Torture is listed as a
gross violation of the War Crimes Act and the Geneva Conventions. So
under US and International Law we can safely put Bush, Cheney,
Rumsfeld, CIA agents, etc. to death.
Due process be damned?
As a liberal who's opposed the gross violations of due process, I favor
court trials for Bush and his cronies even though they ignored this
concept for seven years.
Isn't it odd though, that after all this years of ignoring due process,
you NOW speak out about a perceived lack of due process?
Is waterboarding a "process?" Perhaps Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Feith,
et al, could be afforded due process through waterboarding and given a
fair and impartial hanging. It's the modern American way.
But I would prefer a return to the constitutional safeguards that have
served us so well for centuries. Instead, let's just send Bush and
his gang to the Hague where they can be eliminated by poisoning like
the late Milosevic of Serbia.
the_blogologist
2007-11-23 17:28:44 UTC
WMD's

no surrender
2007-11-27 02:37:19 UTC
[...]
*******
Nonsense...all it did was get her a bigger advance on her book deal.

Dennis
[...]
********
Ooo-weee-oooo...in the Twilight Zone.

Dennis