#Just one question for opponents of the war
b***@aol.com
2005-08-30 15:55:28 UTC
Just one question for opponents of the war
Dennis Prager (archive)

All those who support the American war in Iraq should make a deal with
anyone opposed to the war. Offer to answer any 20 questions the
opponents wish to ask if they will answer just one:

Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?

That is how supporters of the war regard the Baathists and the Islamic
suicide terrorists, the people we are fighting in Iraq.

Because if you cannot answer it, or avoid answering it, or answer
"no," we know enough about your moral compass to know that further
dialogue is unnecessary. In fact, dialogue is impossible. Our
understanding of good and evil is so different from yours, there is
simply nothing to discuss. Someone who was asked a hundred years ago
"Do you believe that whites who lynch blacks are evil?" and refused to
answer in the affirmative was not someone one could dialogue with.

Here are the responses you are likely to receive:

1. The Bush administration is just as evil: for illegally invading a
country that did not threaten us; for "lying" to get us into Iraq; and
because it is a war for corporate profits.

2. Some of those we are fighting may be evil, but not all; some are
simply fighting against foreign occupation of their country.

3. We cannot call anyone evil; only God can make such judgments.

I will respond to these "responses," but what is most important is to
acknowledge that none of them actually responds to the question. Anyone
posing this question to opponents of the war must not let them off the
hook. They must answer the question: Do you believe we are fighting
evil people in Iraq?

Regarding the issue of judging anyone evil, the best response is a
question: Can we judge anyone to be good (not perfect, just good)? Of
course we can. But if we can't call anyone evil, we can't call anyone
good, and we certainly know that there are good people. If there are
good people, there have to be not good, evil people.

Anyone who remains unable to morally judge people who slit the throats
of innocent people, who place bombs in the middle of markets, and who
murder anyone attempting to help women achieve basic human rights is a
moral imbecile.

As for the Bush administration being equally evil, this, too, reveals
the responder's values. It is one thing to believe the war was a
mistake; it is quite another to regard it as a function of the
administration's desire to enrich Halliburton or expand the "American
empire," or because Jewish neo-conservatives pushed docile Gentiles --
Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld -- into waging it "for Israel." Such views
are held by people who are so angry and so brainwashed about
conservatives that they have lost the elementary ability to identify
real evil, which is what Islamic and Baathist terrorists and
"insurgents" are.

Finally, the people fighting us in Iraq hate freedom, hate women's
rights, hate non-Muslims, and do all they can to murder innocent Iraqis
and others in order to undermine the march toward freedom in Iraq. They
are not fighting foreign invaders; they are fighting foreign liberators
and domestic democrats.

It is worth again noting that none of those responses directly answers
the question: Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?

It is one thing to oppose the war in Iraq; it is quite another to deny
the evil of those we fight there. That is what the Left in America
routinely does. And that is why the culture war in America is as
important as the military war in Iraq.

©2005 Creators Syndicate, Inc.
Slo
Two words: collateral damage.
b***@aol.com
2005-08-30 16:11:48 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Two words: collateral damage.>>>

The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
Slo
2005-08-30 16:43:48 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Two words: collateral damage.>>>
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I answered your question. One of the aims of
terrorists or guerillas is to create factions.
When we attempt to root out terrorists and insurgents
and kill and improison innocent bystanders along
the way we end up creaing more enemies.
b***@aol.com
2005-08-31 04:01:00 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I answered your question. >>>
You did no such thing. Do you believe the people we're fighting are
evil - yes or no?

b***@aol.com
2005-08-30 16:11:50 UTC

John LaVoy
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes.
m***@aol.com
2005-08-30 16:25:22 UTC
Post by John LaVoy
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Two words: collateral damage.>>>
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes.
Thank you for exposing your hatred for this America (as if we needed
any further proof).
Slo
2005-08-30 16:38:29 UTC
Post by m***@aol.com
Post by John LaVoy
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Two words: collateral damage.>>>
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes.
Thank you for exposing your hatred for this America (as if we needed
any further proof).
"this America", that's a good way to put it. Personally
I prefer the America we had.
m***@aol.com
You never had it, it wasn't yours.
Slo
2005-08-30 17:07:39 UTC
Post by m***@aol.com
Post by Slo
"this America", that's a good way to put it. Personally
I prefer the America we had.
You never had it, it wasn't yours.
Do the words "of, by, and for the people" mean anything
to you Nazi-boy?
Jeff Welch
2005-08-30 20:07:17 UTC
Post by m***@aol.com
Post by Slo
"this America", that's a good way to put it. Personally
I prefer the America we had.
You never had it, it wasn't yours.
I hate to lay this on you Jack, but America belongs to all Americans - even
those whom you disagree with. Don't like it? Then GET THE FUCK OUT.

-Jeff
What Me Worry?
2005-09-01 22:25:40 UTC
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by m***@aol.com
Post by Slo
"this America", that's a good way to put it. Personally
I prefer the America we had.
You never had it, it wasn't yours.
I hate to lay this on you Jack, but America belongs to all Americans -
even those whom you disagree with. Don't like it? Then GET THE FUCK OUT.
Bush' Red State Cultists keep threatening to secede. What the hell is taking
so long? They probably figured out they'd have to live without that gubmint
check every month.
John LaVoy
Hey, if it makes you feel better about this debacle, I am happy to help.
Jeff Welch
2005-08-30 20:06:30 UTC
Post by m***@aol.com
Post by John LaVoy
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes.
Thank you for exposing your hatred for this America (as if we needed
any further proof).
George W. Bush is not "America".

-Jeff
b***@aol.com
2005-08-31 03:32:32 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes. >>>
Not the question I asked. Do you believe the people we're fighting in
Iraq are evil?

Yes, or no.
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 07:29:05 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Not the question I asked. Do you believe the people we're fighting in
Iraq are evil?
Yes, or no.
Some are - some are not.

-Jeff
b***@aol.com
2005-08-31 16:10:02 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Yes, or no.
Some are - some are not. >>>

Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Cheeks
2005-08-31 19:20:22 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Yes, or no.
Some are - some are not. >>>
Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Tell us why George W. Bush should NOT be impeached
and tried as a war criminal..
--
"Now, Senator, I gave my heart and soul to oppose the policy that you
promoted. I gave my political life's blood to try to stop the mass

“I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims did not have
weapons of mass destruction. I told the world, contrary to your claims,
that Iraq had no
connection to al-Qaeda. I told the world, contrary to your claims, that
Iraq had no connection to the atrocity on 9/11 2001. I told the world,
contrary to
your claims, that the Iraqi people would resist a British and American
invasion of their country and that the fall of Baghdad would not be the
beginning of
the end, but merely the end of the beginning.

"Senator, in everything I said about Iraq, I turned out to be right and
you turned out to be wrong and 100,000 people paid with their lives;
1600 of them
American soldiers sent to their deaths on a pack of lies; 15,000 of them
wounded, many of them disabled forever on a pack of lies.

"If the world had listened to Kofi Annan, whose dismissal you demanded,
if the world had listened to President Chirac who you want to paint as
some kind of
corrupt traitor, if the world had listened to me and the anti-war
movement in Britain, we would not be in the disaster that we are in
today. Senator, this
is the mother of all smokescreens. You are trying to divert attention
from the crimes that you supported, from the theft of billions of
dollars of Iraq's
wealth.

"Have a look at the real Oil-for-Food scandal. Have a look at the 14
months you were in charge of Baghdad, the first 14 months when $8.8
billion of Iraq's
wealth went missing on your watch. Have a look at Haliburton and other
American corporations that stole not only Iraq's money, but the money of the
American taxpayer.

"Have a look at the oil that you didn't even meter, that you were
shipping out of the country and selling, the proceeds of which went who
knows where? Have
a look at the $800 million you gave to American military commanders to
hand out around the country without even counting it or weighing it.

"Have a look at the real scandal breaking in the newspapers today,
revealed in the earlier testimony in this committee. That the biggest
sanctions busters
were not me or Russian politicians or French politicians. The real
sanctions busters were your own companies with the connivance of your
own Government."

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
David Hartung
Because he has done the right thing.
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 20:07:50 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Some are - some are not. >>>
Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Not everyone they're fighting over there are terrorists.

-Jeff
b***@aol.com
2005-09-01 04:49:31 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Not everyone they're fighting over there are terrorists. >>>
Yes, they are. The terrorists are fighting against the idea of
representive government, and are killing children to restore a fascist
dictatorship. Without exception. Every last one of them.
Eris
2005-09-02 19:15:54 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Not everyone they're fighting over there are terrorists. >>>
Yes, they are. The terrorists are fighting against the idea of
representive government, and are killing children to restore a fascist
dictatorship. Without exception. Every last one of them.
You know what they call people who characterize any group as being all
evil don't you bigot?
b***@aol.com

I will proudly accept the charge of being bigoted against terrorists.
David Hartung
2005-09-01 10:23:58 UTC
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by b***@aol.com
Some are - some are not. >>>
Tell me about the terrorists who aren't evil.
Not everyone they're fighting over there are terrorists.
They are opposing the legally constituted, popularly elected government. What
would you call them?
Cheeks
2005-08-31 16:36:26 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
I believe the war in IRaq is evil, yes. >>>
Not the question I asked. Do you believe the people we're fighting in
Iraq are evil?
Yes, or no.
Are YOU so fucking stupid as to believe that you can
characterize ALL these people the same way? Some of them
are fighting us because our Coward In Chief bombed their
children. Many of them simply want the U.S. military the
fuck out of THEIR country - that doesn't make them evil.

You want evil? Look at the sorry sons of bitches in the
Bush Administration who started this illegal war. Sorry
bastards like Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rove, GW, and all the
rest of the pack of criminals.

Are YOU so fucking stupid? No, you're just an obstinate
little right wing turd, who has never served his country
a day in his pathetic little life, Vallely Boy!

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
b***@aol.com
2005-09-01 04:50:18 UTC

Crawl back in your bottle, rummy.
Jeff Welch
2005-08-30 20:06:06 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer is -
some are, some aren't.

-Jeff
David Hartung
2005-08-30 21:23:52 UTC
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer is -
some are, some aren't.
The question is a yes or no question, the fact that you cannot asnswer yes marks
you as evil.
John Agosta
The fact that you are saying this marks you as an idiot.
David Hartung
Have it your way.
Cheeks
2005-08-31 16:36:50 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by John Agosta
Post by David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
you as evil.
The fact that you are saying this marks you as an idiot.
Have it your way.
OK, YOU are fucking idiot, Hartung.

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 02:02:34 UTC
Post by David Hartung
The question is a yes or no question
No, it isn't. Not everyone getting shot at in Iraq is "evil". Some are -
and some are not.
Post by David Hartung
the fact that you cannot asnswer yes marks you as evil.
The fact that you think it's a "yes" or "no" question marks you as a stupid
asshole.

-Jeff
David Hartung
Have it your way.
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 07:29:37 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Jeff Welch
The fact that you think it's a "yes" or "no" question marks you as a
stupid asshole.
Have it your way.
I already did - don't need your permission.

-Jeff
Cheeks
2005-08-31 16:31:45 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by David Hartung
the fact that you cannot asnswer yes marks you as evil.
The fact that you think it's a "yes" or "no" question marks you as a
stupid asshole.
Have it your way.
I used to think Hartung was just playing stupid. Now I'm
pretty sure it isn't an act - he IS, after all, a good Republican
and Limbecile.

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
b***@aol.com
2005-08-31 04:33:05 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. >>>
Actually, yes, it does.

As Dennis said: "Anyone who remains unable to morally judge people who
moral imbecile."
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 07:32:42 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. >>>
Actually, yes, it does.
No, it isn't.

Is a guy who is pissed off at Americans because his entire family was killed
by an errant bomb or an over-zealous trooper on patrol "evil"? No, I don't
believe that person is.

Is a guy who vows death to all non-Muslims - particularly Jews and white
Americans evil? Yeah - I think that person is.

Americans are fighting both types in Iraq.
Post by b***@aol.com
As Dennis said: "Anyone who remains unable to morally judge people who
slit the throats of innocent people, who place bombs in the middle of
markets, and who
murder anyone attempting to help women achieve basic human rights is a
moral imbecile."
LOL. No soldier in America is heling women achieve basic human rights. The
new Iraqi constitution guarantees that Shariah (that's Islamic law to you
right-wing pinheads) will be an integral part of the Iraqi government.

And not all insurgents in Iraq are targetting innocents - many are targeting
soldiers. The ones targeting innocents are evil, hands down. Among the
ones targetting American soldiers - some are evil, some are not.

That's reality, despite your rather limited intellectual ability to wrap
your mind around such complex concepts.

-Jeff
David Hartung
Do you know this for a fact, or are you assuming?
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 15:13:45 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Jeff Welch
Americans are fighting both types in Iraq.
Do you know this for a fact, or are you assuming?
It's a fact according to the people on the ground there. I'll take their
word over yours any day.

-Jeff
Cheeks
2005-08-31 16:19:48 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. >>>
Actually, yes, it does.
No, it isn't.
Is a guy who is pissed off at Americans because his entire family was
killed by an errant bomb or an over-zealous trooper on patrol "evil"?
No, I don't believe that person is.
Is a guy who vows death to all non-Muslims - particularly Jews and
white Americans evil? Yeah - I think that person is.
Americans are fighting both types in Iraq.
Do you know this for a fact, or are you assuming?
Are YOU that ignorant, Hartung?

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
b***@aol.com
2005-08-31 16:08:07 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer
is -
some are, some aren't. >>>

So, which one of the people who strap explosives on children aren't
evil? Which guys who blow up malls with old people and children (or
who simply add support to those who blow up malls will old people,
women and children) are moral?
Cheeks
2005-08-31 19:21:29 UTC
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer is -
some are, some aren't. >>>
So, which one of the people who strap explosives on children aren't
evil? Which guys who blow up malls with old people and children (or
who simply add support to those who blow up malls will old people,
women and children) are moral?
If you really gave a shit about human life in general,
you'd feel something for the 100,000+ innocent Iraqi
civilians killed in the goddam illegal George W. Bush War.

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
David Hartung
2005-09-01 10:26:44 UTC
Post by Cheeks
Post by Jeff Welch
Post by b***@aol.com
The two words I'm interested are "yes" and "no". Do you believe we are
fighting evil people in Iraq? Yes, or no?
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer is -
some are, some aren't. >>>
So, which one of the people who strap explosives on children aren't
evil? Which guys who blow up malls with old people and children (or
who simply add support to those who blow up malls will old people,
women and children) are moral?
If you really gave a shit about human life in general,
you'd feel something for the 100,000+ innocent Iraqi
civilians killed in the goddam illegal George W. Bush War.
There has yet to be any credible evidence to back up the claim of 100,000
civilians killed by American forces. You are spreading the terrorists
propaganda, what does this make you?
Jeff Welch
2005-08-31 20:09:41 UTC
Post by Jeff Welch
It's not a question that commands a "yes" or "no" answer. The answer is -
some are, some aren't. >>>
So, which one of the people who strap explosives on children aren't
evil?
Those ARE the evil ones.
Post by Jeff Welch
Which guys who blow up malls with old people and children (or
who simply add support to those who blow up malls will old people,
women and children) are moral?
None. They would be the evil ones.

Soldiers over there are also fighting natives that specifically target
American soldiers. American soldiers are not in the same category as
innocent civilians. They are part of an armed, occupying force. Now while
the insurgents who target military personnel are "the bad guys" to be sure -
they aren't necessarily "evil".

-Jeff
David Hartung
The insurgents are fighting to restore a Baath dictatorship, is that no evil?
Barney File

e***@netpath.net
2005-08-30 16:56:24 UTC
Prager doesn't get it. Whether the insurgents are "evil people" (or
good people) doesn't matter. The world is FULL of "evil people"; are
we supposed to invade every Third World dictatorship of no threat to us
- simply because the local dictator and his cronies are "evil people" -
and lose countless Americans in the process?

No $4 to park! No $6 admission!
http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW
Jeff Welch
2005-08-30 17:12:18 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Some are evil. Some are just pissed off at Americans because Americans are
occupying their country.

There are lots of evil people in the world. Should we send U.S. military
forces to go and kill them all?
Post by b***@aol.com
2. Some of those we are fighting may be evil, but not all; some are simply
fighting against foreign occupation of their country.
I'll go with that one. I'll add the 4th one you didn't mention - that there
is lots of evil in the world, most of it in places other than Iraq.

-Jeff
blazing laser
2005-08-30 17:40:37 UTC
'Evil' is a highly subjective word. People use it to define all kinds
of things they don't like.

In this case, President Bush used 9/11 as an excuse to invade a
country that had nothing to do with it. He came up with serial
rationales, a new one every time the previous one was disproven. He
killed 100,000 people over oil. THAT is evil.

We put Saddam in power in Iraq to get the oil. Since WWII we have
supported literally dozens of brutal evil dictators all over the world
to get what we want, rather than play fair and respect the right of
people in other countries to rule themselves. THAT is evil!

Bush's plan was to throw out our previous choice of dictator and
install a new dictator, just as brutal and bloodthirsty. Because
that's what would be needed to hold Iraq together. How evil is that?

The Iraq War has nearly tripled terrorism around the world. Iraq has
become a breeding ground for terrorists. More evil in the world.

The war is not going well. Bush keeps saying we're winning, he's
pleased with the progress, we're turning the corner, etc. etc. But in
fact, two years after he declared victory, we can't even keep the road
open between the airport and the green zone. The insurgency is
stronger than ever. Yet the Bush admin. is pathologically unable to
admit even to themselves that they've made a mistake, to back off and
try something else. I'd say that was pretty evil.

Your personal share of the national debt has increased by $27,000 to
fund this war. If you have a wife and two kids your family now has an
added debt burden of $108,000. Your kids will probably pay most of
this, with interest. And for what? To kill 100,000 people, triple
the incidence of terrorism worldwide, and install a new dictator in
the Middle East. Tell me again about the 'evil' people we're fighting
in Iraq.
David Hartung
Please prove your claim.
John Agosta
There is no proof to that claim. It is nonsense, verifiable nonsense.
Peter Vos
2005-08-31 00:41:10 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by David Hartung
Post by blazing laser
We put Saddam in power in Iraq to get the oil. Since WWII we have
supported literally dozens of brutal evil dictators all over the world
to get what we want, rather than play fair and respect the right of
people in other countries to rule themselves. THAT is evil!
Please prove your claim.
There is no proof to that claim. It is nonsense, verifiable nonsense.
Lessee

.... who put Pinochet in power after Allende decided to nationalize the
copper mines and the phone system? (Ans. Nixon admin)

.... who put Somoza in charge of Nicaragua after invading? (ok..that
was before WWII... but lasted until the Carter admin.)

.... who overthrew and replaced Arbenz after he nationalized United
Fruit? (Ans. Eisenhower admin)

..... who overthrew and replaced Estenssoro after he nationalized the
tin mines? (Ans. Johnson admin)

And that's just in our own hemisphere!

... who put the Shah in power when the Majlis headed by Mosaddeq
nationalized the oil? (Ans. Eisenhower admin)

... who helped Saddam consolidate power and grab the Shat al Arab
waterway?
(ans. Reagan admin)

... who supported the House of Saud? (ans. every admin since FDR)

I guess the only thing you can argue with is the idea we "put Saddam in
power"... we just helped him based on the foolish notion that the enemy
of our enemy is our friend.
Mitchell Holman
2005-08-31 02:11:53 UTC
Post by Peter Vos
Post by John Agosta
Post by David Hartung
Post by blazing laser
[...]
Well put.

PS: Here is a list of the countries the US has dropped
bombs on since WWII, following which conservatives wondered
why the US is globally regarding as an international bully.

Korea

China

Indonesia

Cuba

Guatemala

Vietnam

Congo

Laos

Peru

Cambodia

El Salvador

Nicaragua

Grenada

Libya

Panama

Iraq

Bosnia

Sudan

Afghanistan

Yugoslavia
David Hartung
2005-08-31 10:33:25 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
PS: Here is a list of the countries the US has dropped
bombs on since WWII, following which conservatives wondered
why the US is globally regarding as an international bully.
Just who regards the US as a Global bully?

Please provide proof that these people regard us a bully.
Mitchell Holman
2005-08-31 13:14:30 UTC
Post by David Hartung
Post by Mitchell Holman
PS: Here is a list of the countries the US has dropped
bombs on since WWII, following which conservatives wondered
why the US is globally regarding as an international bully.
Just who regards the US as a Global bully?
Please provide proof that these people regard us a bully.
Travel abroad sometime.

Do the words "Ugly American"
or "Yankee go home" ring a bell?
David Hartung
I have, have you?
Cheeks
2005-08-31 16:21:28 UTC
Post by David Hartung
PS: Here is a list of the countries the US has dropped bombs on
since WWII, following which conservatives wondered why the US is
globally regarding as an international bully.
Just who regards the US as a Global bully?
Please provide proof that these people regard us a bully.
If you were to look at something besides Fox News, David,
you'd find out our country is widely despised now, thanks
to our sad excuse 'president'. It will take 20 years to
restore any reputation of honesty and decency for this
country, thanks to our criminal Republican Administration.

-British MP George Galloway, Senate testimony, May 16, 2005
David Hartung
2005-08-30 22:02:04 UTC
Please prove your claim.
Peter Vos
2005-08-30 17:49:14 UTC
Post by b***@aol.com
Just one question for opponents of the war
Dennis Prager (archive)
All those who support the American war in Iraq should make a deal with
anyone opposed to the war. Offer to answer any 20 questions the
Do you believe we are fighting evil people in Iraq?
Here are several problems with that phoney question:

You don't define "we".... is that the US military, the US people, the
"coalition of the willing", or private military contractors?

You don't define "fighting" ... are you referring to people who shoot
at "us" (see above), people "we" shoot at, people who get caught in the
crossfire, or people who want to set up a constitutional Islamic
Republic?

You don't define "evil" ... is that people who kill foreign troops they
see as occupying crusaders, people who kill innocent civilians, or
people who are hired to go into someone else's country as proxies?
man o' leisure