Republican senator: Bring back the draft
George Harrison
2005-05-21 15:17:41 UTC
The Evil Empire is on the verge of conscription.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38139

WMD ON CAPITOL HILL
Republican senator:
Bring back the draft
Nebraska's Chuck Hagel says 'all of our citizens' should 'pay some
price' for U.S. Iraqi operation
11:21 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A Republican U.S. senator is calling for a return of the military draft
so the cost of the Iraq operation could be borne by people of all
economic strata.

Speaking at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on
post-occupation Iraq, Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., said, "There's not an
American ... that doesn't understand what we are engaged in today and
what the prospects are for the future."

Hagel, a member of the committee, says all Americans should be involved
in the effort.

"Why shouldn't we ask all of our citizens to bear some responsibility
and pay some price?" Hagel said, arguing that restoring the draft would
force "our citizens to understand the intensity and depth of challenges
we face."

The senator also argued re-instituting the draft, which ended in the
early '70s, would cause the burden of military service to be spread
among all economic classes of people.

"Those who are serving today and dying today are the middle class and
lower middle class," he claimed.

Hagel's call comes just days after the Pentagon moved to extend the
missions of some 20,000 of the 135,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, noted a
report from Agence France-Presse. The Bush administration has been
criticized for not using enough troops as the coalition works to keep
order in Iraqi cities.

As WorldNetDaily reported, a pair of bills was introduced in Congress
last year that would bring back the military draft.

S. 89, the Senate version of the legislation, indicates its purpose is
"to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons
in the United States, including women, perform a period of military
service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national
defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

The bill was introduced Jan. 7, 2003, by Sen. Fritz Hollings, D-S.C.

Says the text of the bill: "It is the obligation of every citizen of the
United States, and every other person residing in the United States who
is between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a period of national service
as prescribed in this Act unless exempted under the provisions of this Act."

This service, which would be for a minimum of two years, can be either
in the military or "in a civilian capacity that, as determined by the
president, promotes the national defense, including national or
community service and homeland security."

Under the bill, "conscientious objectors" may request a deferment from
military training, but must still provide service "that does not include
any combatant training component." Alternatively, the objector can be
transferred to a civilian service job.

The House of Representatives version of the bill, H.R. 163, is sponsored
by Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y.

The bill differs from an earlier attempt to re-institute the draft. As
WorldNetDaily reported, the "Universal Military Training and Service
Act," introduced in December 2001, applied only to men and only those
from 18-22 years of age. Also, the earlier bill required just six months
of service.

Libertarian presidential candidate Aaron Russo has launched a petition
drive against the draft.

Last fall, media reported on the fact the Selective Service System had
posted a notice saying the agency was looking for people to serve on
local draft boards. Since then, the appeal has been changed to assure
the public that "there is NO connection between this ongoing, routine
public outreach to compensate for natural board attrition and current
international events. Both the president and the secretary of defense
have stated on several occasions that a draft is not needed for the war
on terrorism, including Iraq."

Libertarian commentators claim the government is getting things prepared
so if the draft is re-instated, conscription can begin as quickly as
possible. Recently, presidential candidate Ralph Nader also has warned
about attempts to bring back the draft.

Related stories:

Petition drive opposes military draft

Congress considers new kind of draft
Bourne Identity
2005-05-21 15:25:06 UTC
Post by George Harrison
The Evil Empire is on the verge of conscription.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38139
WMD ON CAPITOL HILL
Bring back the draft
Nebraska's Chuck Hagel says 'all of our citizens' should 'pay some
price' for U.S. Iraqi operation
11:21 p.m. Eastern
Well, of course! Why shouldn't those who denounced the war also have to fight
it?

Here's an idea...how about Hagel sending his kids to go fight it? And shipping
his ass over there as well? And dubya can send his kids. And what about you
wingnuts here? You're all for it...time to put your money where your mouth is.
The first four conscripts could be Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and Tom Delay.
Quick! All of you! Sign up without wasting another second!
Homer Sampson
2005-05-21 18:31:28 UTC
Post by Bourne Identity
Post by George Harrison
The Evil Empire is on the verge of conscription.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38139
WMD ON CAPITOL HILL
Bring back the draft
Nebraska's Chuck Hagel says 'all of our citizens' should 'pay some
price' for U.S. Iraqi operation
11:21 p.m. Eastern
Well, of course! Why shouldn't those who denounced the war also have to fight
it?
Here's an idea...how about Hagel sending his kids to go fight it? And shipping
his ass over there as well? And dubya can send his kids. And what about you
wingnuts here? You're all for it...time to put your money where your mouth is.
The first four conscripts could be Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and Tom Delay.
Quick! All of you! Sign up without wasting another second!
The draft should specifically demand that every Senator's child, from the
age of 18-35, say, should have to go in the first draft. Then we'll see how
many wars these fuckers start.
Bishop
2005-05-21 19:07:57 UTC
That's okay with me, as long as they take girly-boys like you with them.
Homer Sampson
2005-05-21 19:29:19 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
The draft should specifically demand that every Senator's child, from the
age of 18-35, say, should have to go in the first draft. Then we'll see how
many wars these fuckers start.
That's okay with me, as long as they take girly-boys like you with them.
And this is what passes for intelligent discourse on the right - is it any
wonder our country is so fucked right now?
Bishop
Funny, since you dems are the losers.
Homer Sampson
2005-05-21 19:53:01 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
The draft should specifically demand that every Senator's child, from the
age of 18-35, say, should have to go in the first draft. Then we'll
see
how
many wars these fuckers start.
That's okay with me, as long as they take girly-boys like you with them.
And this is what passes for intelligent discourse on the right - is it any
wonder our country is so fucked right now?
Funny, since you dems are the losers.
Makes perfect sense. You've coarsened the level of discourse, and the
country is in the crapper.
Bishop
2005-05-21 20:23:11 UTC
Post by Homer Sampson
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
The draft should specifically demand that every Senator's child, from the
age of 18-35, say, should have to go in the first draft. Then we'll
see
how
many wars these fuckers start.
That's okay with me, as long as they take girly-boys like you with them.
And this is what passes for intelligent discourse on the right - is it any
wonder our country is so fucked right now?
Funny, since you dems are the losers.
Makes perfect sense. You've coarsened the level of discourse, and the
country is in the crapper.
Mighty big words coming from a coward. The only thing in the crapper
here is your mouth.
Homer Sampson
Thanks for proving my point better than I could possibly hope to have.
Bishop
2005-05-21 20:58:06 UTC
and thanks for proving what left-libby cowards are made of.
Homer Sampson
2005-05-21 21:01:13 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
Thanks for proving my point better than I could possibly hope to have.
and thanks for proving what left-libby cowards are made of.
No need to prove the point over and over again. You've coarsened the debate,
we get it.
kz8rt3
2005-05-21 22:39:14 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
Post by Bishop
Post by Homer Sampson
The draft should specifically demand that every Senator's child, from the
age of 18-35, say, should have to go in the first draft. Then we'll
see
how
many wars these fuckers start.
That's okay with me, as long as they take girly-boys like you with them.
And this is what passes for intelligent discourse on the right - is it any
wonder our country is so fucked right now?
Funny, since you dems are the losers.
Makes perfect sense. You've coarsened the level of discourse, and the
country is in the crapper.
Mighty big words coming from a coward. The only thing in the crapper
here is your mouth.
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!

Suck on that one war mongers!
Bishop
2005-05-22 00:52:36 UTC
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
kz8rt3
2005-05-22 02:23:38 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.

Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Bishop
2005-05-22 14:29:34 UTC
Post by kz8rt3
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.
The "HE! HE!" also tells me that you post under multiple sigs - why?
Running away maybe?
Post by kz8rt3
Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Guess you're just shit-out-of-luck if they restart the draft. Try drinking
lots of Pepsi. A lot of goobers tried that when I was at the physical.
Shut The Fuck Up
2005-05-22 20:22:37 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.
The "HE! HE!" also tells me that you post under multiple sigs - why?
Running away maybe?
Don't you have different feelings at different times? It is a nic, not a
name. Idiot. "everything must conform to my thought or I can't
understand it." What a maroon.
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Guess you're just shit-out-of-luck if they restart the draft.
HE HE! NO! I cannot be drafted! I am unacceptable to the military!
What did you try?
Bishop
2005-05-22 20:48:16 UTC
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.
The "HE! HE!" also tells me that you post under multiple sigs - why?
Running away maybe?
Don't you have different feelings at different times? It is a nic, not a
name. Idiot. "everything must conform to my thought or I can't
understand it." What a maroon.
Have you been to therapy yet?
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Guess you're just shit-out-of-luck if they restart the draft.
HE HE! NO! I cannot be drafted! I am unacceptable to the military!
Oh well - that's a big suprise!
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Try drinking
lots of Pepsi. A lot of goobers tried that when I was at the physical.
What did you try?
Nothing. I went in in 12/1966, came out in 12/1970. I was referring to
undesirables such as yourself.
Shut The Fuck Up
2005-05-22 22:24:52 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.
The "HE! HE!" also tells me that you post under multiple sigs - why?
Running away maybe?
Don't you have different feelings at different times? It is a nic, not a
name. Idiot. "everything must conform to my thought or I can't
understand it." What a maroon.
Have you been to therapy yet?
Yes.
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Guess you're just shit-out-of-luck if they restart the draft.
HE HE! NO! I cannot be drafted! I am unacceptable to the military!
Oh well - that's a big suprise!
What do you have against double amputees?
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Try drinking
lots of Pepsi. A lot of goobers tried that when I was at the physical.
What did you try?
Nothing. I went in in 12/1966, came out in 12/1970. I was referring to
undesirables such as yourself.
Yes, many recruits would get in a car accident and loose both legs so
they would not have to go in.

Do you have a habit of telling amputees to join the military?

Oh, I don't feel bad, so don't feel bad for yourself.
Bishop
2005-05-22 22:38:08 UTC
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
HE HE! I am 29, against the war, and they can't draft me!
Suck on that one war mongers!
Judging from your post, they wouldn't want your ass anyway.
Take a tour of Canada - just in case.
Why would I care if they don't want me if I don't want them? Yer nuts.
The "HE! HE!" also tells me that you post under multiple sigs - why?
Running away maybe?
Don't you have different feelings at different times? It is a nic, not a
name. Idiot. "everything must conform to my thought or I can't
understand it." What a maroon.
Have you been to therapy yet?
Yes.
Good.
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by kz8rt3
Canada's too cold. Plus they are too filled with nice, compassionate
people already.
Guess you're just shit-out-of-luck if they restart the draft.
HE HE! NO! I cannot be drafted! I am unacceptable to the military!
Oh well - that's a big suprise!
What do you have against double amputees?
Nice trick. If it's true, the point is moot. If it's not, then you DO need
therapy.
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Try drinking
lots of Pepsi. A lot of goobers tried that when I was at the physical.
What did you try?
Nothing. I went in in 12/1966, came out in 12/1970. I was referring to
undesirables such as yourself.
Yes, many recruits would get in a car accident and loose both legs so
they would not have to go in.
Never knew anyone that did that on purpose.
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Do you have a habit of telling amputees to join the military?
If you're telling the truth, you might have asid this BEFORE.
If not, then you are a weasel.
Hmmmmmmmm.....???
What love is not...
2005-05-23 16:06:20 UTC
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Do you have a habit of telling amputees to join the military?
If you're telling the truth, you might have asid this BEFORE.
If not, then you are a weasel.
Why would you have someone tell you this before the conversation? So you
could be disingenuous? So you could lie and hide your true feeling? So
you wouldn't have to look like a jackass? People like you disgust me.

Crawl back into your conservative hole.
Bishop
2005-05-23 23:42:41 UTC
Post by What love is not...
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Post by Bishop
Post by Shut The Fuck Up
Do you have a habit of telling amputees to join the military?
If you're telling the truth, you might have asid this BEFORE.
If not, then you are a weasel.
Why would you have someone tell you this before the conversation? So you
could be disingenuous? So you could lie and hide your true feeling? So
you wouldn't have to look like a jackass? People like you disgust me.
Crawl back into your conservative hole.
I don't think so. Your trick was a good one though.

NV_BC
They would be exempt due to 'head up ass disease'
Bishop
2005-05-21 15:44:59 UTC
Post by George Harrison
[...]
Yours is dated.........

On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2
(NOTE: 2!) to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective
Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official
what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was
introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the
draft.

Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A
similar bill languishes in the Senate.

BOTH President George W. Bush and Senator John F. Kerry have
stated for the record that they OPPOSE a draft. Defense Secretary
Donald Rumsfeld also has opposed the draft on numerous occasions.

Since 1980, the Selective Service System has discharged its mission
of PREPARING to manage a draft if and when Congress and the
President so direct. The House action proves that the Selective
Service has gotten no such direction. That being the case, the
Agency will maintain its readiness as required by law, and to register
young men between the ages of 18 and 25. That mission has been
reaffirmed frequently by successive Administrations and by Congress
under the leadership of BOTH parties.
"Another BO Reeking Maggot Ridden Sandal Wearing Radlib" <Radlib Maggot@ USC @Berkeley.edu>
2005-05-21 16:35:14 UTC
Update -- 10/06/04

Update: The House defeated the bill 402 - 2, in a vote derided as a
political maneuver. Rangel, the sponsor of the bill voted against his own
legisltation and was quoted in the New York Times saying, "It is a
prostitution of the legislative process to take a serious issue and use it
for political purposes on the eve of the election just to say they are
against the draft."

Draft Vote Expected

Rangel Military Draft Bill, H.R. 163
Coming for a Vote

- from the Church of the Brethren Witness/Washington Office and the
Center on Conscience & War

H.R. 163, which was introduced by Charles Rangel (D-NY) and which would
reinstate the military draft, is unexpectedly coming for a vote on the
House floor today.

http://www.fum.org/Rangel_Vote.htm
David Hartung