Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
FPP
2016-07-19 07:03:01 UTC

Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Melania Tump: "My parents impressed on me the value of that you work
hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do
what you say and keep your promise."
Michelle Obama: "And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same
values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is
your bond and you do what you say you're going to do."

-----
Melania Tump: "We need to pass those lessons on to the many
generations to follow. Because we want our children in these nations to
know that the only limit to your achievement is the strength of your
dreams and your willingness to work for them."
Michelle Obama: "And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by
these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want
our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only
limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams
and your willingness to work for them."

-----

What a great campaign! If this were a test, she'd have been expelled
for plagiarizing...
In the one passage, 22 out of 26 words were plagiarized. In the other
passage, it was 29 words.

I DO NOT blame Melainia... it's really is NOT her fault. And if
Donald is any kind of a husband, he'll get to the bottom of it, and
immediately fire those responsible, to try and clear her wife's good
name. Somebody, figuratively, tripped the candidates wife, in front of
the entire country, and it falls to him to rectify it.

Or, maybe he'll be the Donald Trump we all know and love, and will try
to blame the the President, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Loretta
Lynch, and the entire press corps. And he calls Hillary "crooked"...

So much for "your word is your bond, eh?

So... how was the rest of the First Day of the convention? Guess they
don't call it a "con"vention, for nothing.
--
"Didn't believe we needed to "Make America Great Again" - until I saw
the people we're seriously considering putting on the Presidential
ballot." - Kelly Hines 2015
FPP
2016-07-19 07:18:59 UTC
Post by FPP
[...]
I may have been wrong about this not being Melania Trump's fault... It
looks like she's either a plagiarist, or she lied to Matt Lauer on the
TODAY show.
Post by FPP
Melania Trump said on the TODAY Show that she wrote the speech largely
on her own, telling host Matt Lauer that: "I read once over it, and
that's all. Because I wrote it…with as little help as possible."
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-conventions/melania-trump-appears-plagiarize-michelle-obama-convention-speech-n612141

wonder if Michelle Obama would have gotten a pass, if she had lifted
her speech from Laura Bush?
--
There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their
memory. -Billings
trotsky
2016-07-19 10:36:29 UTC
Post by FPP
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-conventions/melania-trump-appears-plagiarize-michelle-obama-convention-speech-n612141
wonder if Michelle Obama would have gotten a pass, if she had lifted her
speech from Laura Bush?
I'm surprised the right wing weasels didn't criticize her for not
lifting her speech from Mary Todd Lincoln.
FPP
2016-07-19 10:59:22 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
if Michelle Obama would have gotten a pass, if she had lifted her
speech from Laura Bush?
I'm surprised the right wing weasels didn't criticize her for not
lifting her speech from Mary Todd Lincoln.
"... so, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how WAS the play?"
--
It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the
chance? -R Reagan
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-19 12:36:16 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
if Michelle Obama would have gotten a pass, if she had lifted her
speech from Laura Bush?
I'm surprised the right wing weasels didn't criticize her for not
lifting her speech from Mary Todd Lincoln.
"... so, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how WAS the play?"
Every Beauty queen says she wants world peace.... is it plagiarism or
lofty idealism.
--
That's Karma ;)

*Rumination*
#11 - Taxes are a measure of Liberalism's failures "the more Liberal
failure" the more the residents are taxed. Which is why Chicago, NYC,
city tax and Illinois and California's State taxes are so high.
FPP
2016-07-19 12:48:05 UTC
On 2016-07-19 12:36:16 +0000, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP

Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
Michelle Obama would have gotten a pass, if she had lifted her
speech from Laura Bush?
I'm surprised the right wing weasels didn't criticize her for not
lifting her speech from Mary Todd Lincoln.
"... so, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how WAS the play?"
Every Beauty queen says she wants world peace.... is it plagiarism or
lofty idealism.
If they copy it nearly verbatim, it's plagiarism. If they lie about it
afterward, it's Trumpism.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.
Ubiquitous
2016-07-19 09:25:57 UTC
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
FPP
2016-07-19 11:16:20 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
Another Trumpanzee heard from. The speech was stolen, nearly word for
word... so what would you call it?

Any university in the world would call it for what it is... namely
plagiarism. It isn't even a close call... it's blatant and obvious.

The words that came out of Mrs. Trump;s mouth belonged to Michelle
Obama...that's right, the hated Michelle Obama, and they were even
delivered better the first time around.

This was no boating accident...
--
A pessimist says the glass is half empty. An optimist says the glass
is half full. An engineer says somebody made the glass twice as big as
it needed to be.
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-19 12:30:34 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Michael Obama is a failed and hateful Liberal that has NOTHING but
contempt for the United States.

To copy that would be to imitate failure.
--
That's Karma ;)

*Rumination*
#40 - The truth is always the truth, it doesn't matter if it's
discovered by accident or by genius, it's always the truth.
FPP
2016-07-19 12:46:37 UTC
On 2016-07-19 12:30:34 +0000, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Don't worry... Melania isn't going to get the chance to imitate
anything, except the words of Michelle's speech she already HAS
imitated.

I don't think we'll be seeing the 3rd Mrs. Trump before a microphone
any time soon. Maybe the 4th Mrs. Trump will have better luck.
--
"Sadly, the American Dream... is Dead." - Donald J. Trump
"America Has Never Stopped Being Great." - HRC
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-19 12:54:20 UTC
On 2016-07-19 12:30:34 +0000, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
And maybe the new woman in a blue dress in the Oval office coat closet
will be a Lesbian with Hillary.
--
That's Karma ;)

*Rumination*
#27 - Liberalism is a black hole from which no intelligence escapes.
FPP
2016-07-19 21:36:20 UTC
On 2016-07-19 08:54:20 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
On 2016-07-19 12:30:34 +0000, Beam Me Up Scotty
said:

On
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
That'll happen before Dishonest Don gets in there, without a visitor's pass...
--
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the
lessons afterward.
trotsky
Who?
FPP
2016-07-19 21:29:05 UTC
On 2016-07-19 08:30:34 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
yawn...
--
Q. How did Donald Trump make a small fortune in Real Estate, you ask?
A. By starting with a BIG one.
Yak
2016-07-19 12:44:07 UTC
Ask Joe Biden. He would know. Ask the guy on the right side in this video too: https://twitter.com/tklempay/status/755373798849929216
it needed to be.
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-19 15:48:29 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Michael/Michelle Obama is a failed and hateful Liberal that has NOTHING
but contempt for the United States. I'm never sure who is what in this
world of Liberals deciding their genders on the fly...

#40 - The truth is always the truth, it doesn't matter if it's
discovered by accident or by genius, it's always the truth.
FPP
2016-07-19 21:37:34 UTC
On 2016-07-19 11:48:29 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
That's Beat-Me-Off's new Imaginary Friend. (You didn't think he had
any REAL friends, did you?)
--
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with
the average voter. -Winston Churchill
trotsky
Perhaps "Michael Obama" was the one born in Kenya?
Tom Sr.
2016-07-19 12:03:55 UTC
https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=ds5x7qt-cpsmx4M5OYxR0tv8YZvyM&q=melania+plagiarized&lr=English&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjStJjgvf_NAhWFGh4KHRR4BXkQqgIIKDAA

Explore in depth (523 more articles)

. . .
FPP
2016-07-19 12:41:52 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
Really? That's your answer to a charge that the candidate's wife is a
liar and plagiarist?
Post by Ubiquitous
Melania: "that you work hard for what you want in life."
Michelle: "that you work hard for what you want in life"
-----
Melania: "that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep
your promise"
Michelle: "that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're
going to do"
-----
Melania: "that you treat people with respect"
Michelle: "that you treat people with dignity and respect"
-----
Melania: "pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow"
Michelle: "pass them on to the next generation"
-----
Melania: "to know that the only limit to your achievement is the
strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."
Michelle; "to know that the only limit to the height of your
achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work
for them."
I'm just surprised that we didn't learn from Melania that Donald was
born in Hawaii, the son of a Kenyan national, who was raised by his
white grandparents.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to keep this rolling along.
Every good lie needs people like you to help it get around, and keep it
alive.

Only smart people know when it's time to quit... and it's a lesson
you're never going to learn.
Post by Ubiquitous
UBI-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *slightly fucked in the head
0* -*- *somewhat fucked in the head
* |\ *mostly fucked in the head
* \ *fucked in the head
* \ *pretty well fucked in the head
* _\/ *really fucked in the head
* * *completely fucked in the head
--
Never try and teach a pig to sing. You just waste your time, and you
annoy the pig.
Fred Oinka
2016-07-19 12:08:34 UTC
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit. You pathetic losing libtards will jump on anything now. This group is going to get boring without you idiots to smack down once in awhile.
ballot." - Kelly Hines 2015
BTR1701
2016-07-19 14:35:28 UTC
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Fred Oinka
2016-07-19 16:39:52 UTC
It was only a matter of time:)
First-Post
2016-07-19 17:01:18 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
According to those that do study such things it was simply run of the
mill.

If her accent or selection of a speech writer is all the detractors
have to try to use against Trump then they are just simple minded
pathetic fools.

But, as stated for quite some time now, republicans and conservatives
have become the suicide party when it comes to political campaigns.
While the democrats are more than willing to vote for anyone with a
"D" by their name regardless of character or ability, the Republicans
desperately try to pick their own candidates apart piece by piece in
hopes of finding any excuse at all to not vote for them.

If Cruz had won the primaries and the nomination you would more than
likely see the same stupidity in his regard.
All one need do is look at the last two presidential elections to see
what I describe physically demonstrated.

Either Republicans are delusional and believe that there is a perfect
conservative wandering around out there somewhere just waiting to be
picked to run for president or they simply are afraid of regaining the
white house for some unknown reason.
Regardless, they have become very adept at losing elections thanks to
such stupidity.
Fred Oinka
Well, they DID link up with BLM.
Yak
Here is one glaring difference between the two - Melania is proud to be a US citizen.
FPP
2016-07-19 21:55:31 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
Nope... it was the speech given by one specific First Lady, Michelle
Obama. It's on videotape, and it's a nearly word-for-word steal.

All the rest of your excuses are just... bullshit. It was plagiarism.

It wasn't Melania's to take, especially after she went on the TODAY
show, and said she wrote it herself, with a little help.
--
"How many times you have to be hit on the head before you figure out
who's hitting you?" -Harry S. Truman
Yak
2016-07-20 00:02:27 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
Nope... it was the speech given by one specific First Lady, Michelle
Obama. It's on videotape, and it's a nearly word-for-word steal.
Much like obama's word for word that of Deval Patrcik and John Edwads. Should we also talk about Biden and his repeated offenses?
trotsky
2016-07-20 11:22:52 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
Nope... it was the speech given by one specific First Lady, Michelle
Obama. It's on videotape, and it's a nearly word-for-word steal.
All the rest of your excuses are just... bullshit. It was plagiarism.
It wasn't Melania's to take, especially after she went on the TODAY
show, and said she wrote it herself, with a little help.
So, I had to wonder: is Michelle's speech protected by a copyright? It
sure looks like it is:

https://library.osu.edu/blogs/copyright/2015/09/30/copyright-in-campaigns/

I would like to see someone sue on her behalf and donate the money to
charity.
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-20 13:23:02 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
Nope... it was the speech given by one specific First Lady, Michelle
Obama. It's on videotape, and it's a nearly word-for-word steal.
All the rest of your excuses are just... bullshit. It was plagiarism.
It wasn't Melania's to take, especially after she went on the TODAY
show, and said she wrote it herself, with a little help.
So, I had to wonder: is Michelle's speech protected by a copyright? It
https://library.osu.edu/blogs/copyright/2015/09/30/copyright-in-campaigns/
I would like to see someone sue on her behalf and donate the money to
charity.
They would be suing the Liberal political science college kids that
write that crap..... it's all for the Liberals and that's why it was
written by Liberals that were hired to produce a speech that appeals to
Liberals.

TRUMP is moving to the center... hiring Liberals to wright speeches is
the first sign of the shift, and his first real mistake. Hiring these
Liberal college pukes is always a bad idea.
--
That's Karma ;)

*Rumination*
#10 - In finding the truth, discrimination is a virtue.
FPP
2016-07-20 21:52:41 UTC
On 2016-07-20 09:23:02 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
his first real mistake
So, you can't fucking count, either...
--
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who
are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." -Twain
First-Post
2016-07-20 22:30:13 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
Nope... it was the speech given by one specific First Lady, Michelle
Obama. It's on videotape, and it's a nearly word-for-word steal.
All the rest of your excuses are just... bullshit. It was plagiarism.
It wasn't Melania's to take, especially after she went on the TODAY
show, and said she wrote it herself, with a little help.
So, I had to wonder: is Michelle's speech protected by a copyright? It
https://library.osu.edu/blogs/copyright/2015/09/30/copyright-in-campaigns/
I would like to see someone sue on her behalf and donate the money to
charity.
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Of course you wouldn't you hypocritical son of a bitch.

And yes, we all know that you Leftist asswipes are losing your ever
loving minds because you just can't seem to make any of your stupid
assed outlandish accusations against Trump stick.
Guess it just doesn't cross those little walnut size brains of yours
that your heroes, Hillary and Obama have been caught outright
blatantly lying more times that the entire Republican party combined
over the last 8 years and longer.
FPP
2016-07-20 23:09:33 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.

Nobody tried blaming somebody else, or lying about what they did.
That's the difference.

And, no, they never plagiarized entire speeches. That's another easily
disprovable lie.

Stupid much?
--
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the
taxidermist leaves the skin." -Twain
BTR1701
2016-07-21 02:21:40 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.

The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
First-Post
2016-07-21 03:57:38 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Remember you're addressing a full blown left wing fanatic.
To them, a democrat can commit any crime they want and say "ooops,
sorry" and that makes it perfectly OK. But if a Republican does
anything even the slightest bit out of line or even by honest mistake
then they want to see them punished harsher than hard core violent
felons and more for the rest of their life.

Basically it is the same mentality as the elementary school bully who
runs crying to their teacher the instant any kid punches back.
To say hard left liberals are immature is to put it extremely mild.
FPP
2016-07-21 05:12:45 UTC
On 2016-07-20 23:57:38 -0400, First-Post
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
It's you again, isn't it. Back you go!
--
Oxymorons: Tight slacks. Plastic glasses. Original Copy. Old news.
Clearly misunderstood. Almost exactly. Act Natural. Microsoft Works.
Fox News.
DoD
2016-07-21 05:21:39 UTC
On 2016-07-20 23:57:38 -0400, First-Post
It's you again, isn't it. Back you go!
Are you that incompetent that you can't run a killfile properly? If so, then
why should anyone
give a shit about your political musings? Answer... Nobody should because
you are a douchebag
to begin with and you are a morally bankrupt asshole secondly, and lastly,
you are an incompetent
moron.... You have something to say back? Shut the fuck up...I just said no
one wants to hear you.
FPP
2016-07-21 05:23:14 UTC
On 2016-07-20 23:57:38 -0400, First-Post
It's you again, isn't it. Back you go!
Are you that incompetent that you can't run a killfile properly? If so,
then why should anyone
give a shit about your political musings? Answer... Nobody should
because you are a douchebag
to begin with and you are a morally bankrupt asshole secondly, and
lastly, you are an incompetent
moron.... You have something to say back? Shut the fuck up...I just
said no one wants to hear you.
Back again? So fast? In you go...
Atheism is a non prophet organization.
DoD
2016-07-21 05:27:37 UTC
On 2016-07-20 23:57:38 -0400, First-Post
It's you again, isn't it. Back you go!
Are you that incompetent that you can't run a killfile properly? If so,
then why should anyone
give a shit about your political musings? Answer... Nobody should
because you are a douchebag
to begin with and you are a morally bankrupt asshole secondly, and
lastly, you are an incompetent
moron.... You have something to say back? Shut the fuck up...I just said
no one wants to hear you.
Back again? So fast? In you go...
LOL..... This idiot thinks a Kansas guy is the same as a Mississippi guy...
Talk
about a dumb fuck.... Liberalism does make you retarded folks....
trotsky
2016-07-21 11:04:21 UTC
Post by DoD
Yeah, that's why I always ask the question: which anonyshit are you again?
NoBody
2016-07-21 14:26:08 UTC
Ah, FPP's infamous malfunctioning killfile again....
FPP
2016-07-21 05:05:47 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Nobody denied it either. Bringing suit requires someone of standing to
bring that suit, you just can't do it on their behalf.

No one came forward, so the point is moot.

Whether he would like to see it prosecuted in this, or any other case
is irrelevant. That's his business, and he can be a selective as his
little heart desires.
--
REP. JOHN DUNCAN (R): "Do you understand that great numbers of people
feel, now, that there's one standard of justice for the Clintons and

COMEY: "Yeah, I've heard that a lot... it's NOT TRUE, but I've heard
it a lot."
BTR1701
2016-07-21 05:28:47 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Whether he would like to see it prosecuted in this, or any other case
is irrelevant. That's his business, and he can be a selective as his
little heart desires.
And he can be criticized for his hypocrisy on the issue, which is what
we were doing.
FPP
2016-07-21 09:15:04 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
What hypocrisy? He hasn't said a thing about anyone else. How can it
be hypocritical if he hasn't weighed in on the others?

You're jumping the gun. Why is trotsky is obligated to weigh in on
something you brought up?
--
Light moves faster than sound. That's why some folks appear bright
until you hear them speak...
trotsky
2016-07-21 11:07:08 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
I'm not. Usually I just tell him to take his straw man arguments and
shove them up his arse.
trotsky
Excellent, another "they're just as shitty as we are" argument.
trotsky
2016-07-21 10:38:26 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Oh, and by the by, if Obama or Biden really did plagiarize something,
which sounds like a load of horseshit, they didn't violate copyright if
it was from a speech given by someone in political office. Read the
fucking article I posted idiot.
BTR1701
2016-07-21 16:34:19 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Oh, and by the by, if Obama or Biden really did plagiarize something,
which sounds like a load of horseshit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

In September 1987, Biden's presidential campaign ran into trouble when
he was accused of plagiarizing a speech that had been made earlier that
year by Neil Kinnock, leader of the British Labour Party. Kinnock's
speech included the lines:

"Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to
get to university? [Then pointing to his wife in the audience] Why
is Glenys the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to
be able to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors
were thick?"

While Biden's speech included the lines:

"I started thinking as I was coming over here, why is it that Joe
Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university? [Then
pointing to his wife in the audience] Why is it that my wife who is
sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever
go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not
bright?"

Biden had in fact cited Kinnock as the source for the formulation on
previous occasions. But he made no reference to the original source at
the August 23 Democratic debate at the Iowa State Fair being reported
on, nor in an August 26 interview for the National Education
Association. Moreover, while political speeches often appropriate ideas
and language from each other, Biden's use came under more scrutiny
because he fabricated aspects of his own family's background in order to
match Kinnock's. Biden was soon found to have earlier that year lifted
passages from a 1967 speech by Robert F. Kennedy (for which Biden aides
took the blame) and a short phrase from the 1961 inaugural address of
John F. Kennedy, and in two prior years to have done the same with a
1976 passage from Hubert H. Humphrey.

A few days later, Biden's plagiarism incident in law school came to
public light. Video was also released showing that when earlier
questioned by a New Hampshire resident about his grades in law school,
Biden had stated that he had graduated in the "top half" of his class,
that he had attended law school on a full scholarship, and that he had
received three degrees in college, each of which was untrue or
exaggerations of his actual record.

Biden lacked a strong demographic or political group of support to help
him survive the crisis. He withdrew from the nomination race on
September 23, 1987, saying his candidacy had been overrun by "the
exaggerated shadow" of his past mistakes.
trotsky
2016-07-21 17:01:47 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
So Biden paraphrased while Melania's was lifted word for word. But
that's still not an excuse, since he didn't attribute it. But here's
the conundrum: what is your point? Is your point that this is an
extremely heinous act and that Trump and his people should be condemened
for it? Are you also going to condemn Trump's campaign mgr. Manafort
for attempting to cover it up and say it wasn't plagiarism? You see, we
have the same problem we always have: you are a worthless, anonymous
piece of slime that doesn't have the brains or the balls to say anything
of consequence. You're like moviepig dancing around with his wordplay,
except your wordplay is to be a piece of shit that can't say anything
consequential and/or valid. You can crawl back into the woodwork now,
asshole, you have my permission.
Beam Me Up Scotty
2016-07-21 16:55:13 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Oh, and by the by, if Obama or Biden really did plagiarize something,
which sounds like a load of horseshit, they didn't violate copyright if
it was from a speech given by someone in political office. Read the
fucking article I posted idiot.
A book has a copyright... Michelle Obama was plagiarizing a book.
Biden is an idiot, so no one really cares, he's like Forest Gump.
--
That's Karma ;)

Obama has no problem labeling Republicans as his enemy, and he can label
Republicans as racists easily enough...

Obama has no problem calling the police, racists and condemning them.

Why does Obama have so much difficulty calling Muslims, terrorists and
condemning them?
BTR1701
2016-07-21 17:03:00 UTC
In article <Z77kz.60658$***@fx38.iad>,
Beam Me Up Scotty
<Liberalism-is-exposed-as-unsustainable-self-destructive-and-contradict
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't. You don't get to violate
copyright, say you're sorry, and the liability just goes away.
The statement by Hutt was that a copyright suit against Melania over the
plagiarism was appropriate. Well, if it's appropriate for Melania, it's
appropriate for Biden and Obama as well. Apologies have nothing to do
with it.
Oh, and by the by, if Obama or Biden really did plagiarize something,
which sounds like a load of horseshit, they didn't violate copyright if
it was from a speech given by someone in political office. Read the
fucking article I posted idiot.
A book has a copyright...
Speeches are copyrighted also. The moment *any* creative work is fixed
in a tangible medium, copyright to the author/creator attaches.
trotsky
2016-07-21 18:45:00 UTC
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
Wrong! I already provided the cite as to when political speeches aren't
copyrighted, but you were too stupid to read that far apparently.
NoBody
2016-07-22 11:57:45 UTC
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
Remember how FPP just stated if you're caught lying, everything you
say is suspect? Well FPP was just caught lying.
NoBody
2016-07-23 16:24:43 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
And FPP the coward has vanished once again.

FPP
2016-07-21 22:17:43 UTC
On 2016-07-21 12:55:13 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by Beam Me Up Scotty
Post by FPP
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
[...]
Don't you mean Forrest Trump? (with 2 "r"'s...)
--
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your
government when it deserves it." -Twain
FPP
2016-07-21 23:59:26 UTC
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't.
So, tell me... do you think candidates should be able to violate ACTUAL
laws and get away with it?
Post by BTR1701
If Trump used corporate resources to write a political speech, that
could be illegal. A Super PAC has filed an FEC complaint alleging
misconduct on the part of the Trump campaign.
McIver’s] statement: The Trump Organization, which is to say Donald
Trump's personal business. And notice how McIver describes herself: As
an employee of the Trump Organization, not the campaign.
The complaint, filed by a grassroots-based super PAC formed this spring
called the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, says McIver's
involvement in the speechwriting is a violation of campaign finance law
because she has received no compensation from the campaign but is an
employee of the Trump Organization. The campaign is expected to list
all in-kind contributions of goods and services in campaign finance
reports.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-conventions/democratic-pac-files-fec-complaint-over-melania-trump-s-rnc-n614131

Are

you now going to advocate the there is either an FBI investigation, or
congressional hearings into this egregious possible violation of the
(actual and not imaginary) law?

Us non-Republicans (like you?) wonder...

"Lock him up!" "Lock him up!" "Lock him up!"

Catchy, ain't it?
--
"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." -
Will Rogers
BTR1701
2016-07-22 05:03:33 UTC
Why not? It's worked well for Hillz up till now.
FPP
2016-07-22 08:17:56 UTC
Post by BTR1701
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't.
So, tell me... do you think candidates should be able to violate ACTUAL
laws and get away with it?
Why not? It's worked well for Hillz up till now.
Example? Anything? No? Didn't think so...

You must know something in your vast legal experience that 9
investigations of Benghazi! (tm) and the exhaustive FBI email
investigation that trained investigators, and FBI agents couldn't
figure out.

Why don't you give them the benefit of your legal education, and give
them a call... I bet they could use a laugh.
--
Donald Trump names his top Foreign Policy Advisor:
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good
brain, and I've said a lot of things." - Morning Joe (March 16, 2016)
trotsky
2016-07-22 10:10:07 UTC
Post by BTR1701
On 2016-07-20 18:30:13 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
So would you also like to see Obama or Joe Biden sued for the same
reasons? Both have been caught blatantly plagiarizing up to entire
speeches.
Which they both owned up to and apologized for. End of story.
Not in terms of legalities, it isn't.
So, tell me... do you think candidates should be able to violate ACTUAL
laws and get away with it?
Why not? It's worked well for Hillz up till now.
Oh for fuck's sake, talk about the subject being discussed. If you have
the brains or the balls, I mean. Which you don't.
FPP
2016-07-20 00:21:11 UTC
On 2016-07-19 13:01:18 -0400, First-Post
Post by First-Post
Her speech was pretty much the standard fare offered up by many more
first ladies than just Obama.
No... it absolutely is not. You can even quantifiably prove it was a
direct lift.
Post by First-Post
Paul Manafort and others from the presumptive Republican presidential
nominee’s campaign have even attempted to argue that it’s simply a
coincidence, and that both women used “common” words.
In a series of posts to Twitter and Facebook, McGill University
astrophysicist Robert Rutledge ran the numbers, breaking down the
disputed passages into distinct phrases of a few words each ― “word is
your bond,” “because we want our children,” “willingness to work for
them” and so on. Based on this analysis, he determined there’s
something like a 1 in 87 billion chance that Melania Trump and Michelle
Obama would use such similar language.
And let’s just ask the simple, calculable question: What is the
probability that, giving Melania Trump the same distinct phrases as
used by Michelle Obama, they are used in exactly the same order? [...]
According to this calculation, there are a grand total of about 87
billion different permutations for those 14 distinct phrases. That’s
87,000,000,000 ― or about the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.
So never mind Manafort’s claim that there are a limited number of words
in the English language. For Melania Trump to have gotten all 14 of
those phrases, in the same order as Michelle Obama did at the 2008
Democratic National Convention, is a chance of 1 in 87 billion ― about
7000 times less likely than winning lotto 6/49.
Highly unlikely.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/math-melania-trump-plagiarism_us_578e66bbe4b04ca54ebef2b6
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -A Saunders
FPP
2016-07-19 21:52:07 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
... and don't forget to get "The Formula".

What formula? ANY formula...
"To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable." -Barry Goldwater
Ubiquitous
2016-07-19 14:36:00 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Melania Trump gives one speech and suddenly the Crooked Hillary voters
are all about honesty, ethics, and integrity!

Oh, the irony of it all! ha ha ha!
--
BREAKING NEWS
In other news, somehow Hillary still isn't in prison...
Wayne
2016-07-20 16:07:14 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Melania Trump gives one speech and suddenly the Crooked Hillary voters
are all about honesty, ethics, and integrity!
Oh, the irony of it all! ha ha ha!
Besides that, Melania's speech was irrelevant.

Who had you rather have a first lady?
Melania or Bill
Tom Sr.
2016-07-20 19:42:41 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/photos/a.10150284949646800.382185.7976226799/10154340028986800/?type=3&theater

Further plagiarism by a Trump family member.

***DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH***

. . .
Yak
2016-07-20 20:12:06 UTC
Post by Tom Sr.
https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/photos/a.10150284949646800.382185.7976226799/10154340028986800/?type=3&theater
Further plagiarism by a Trump family member.
Would this be in reference to Buckley? The same Buckley who said that it was all on the up-and-up, that there’s not an issue and that it’s not plagiarism? That Buckley?
Post by Tom Sr.
***DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH***
. . .
FPP
2016-07-20 21:55:57 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by BTR1701
Shorter Melania Trump: "Bring me moose and squirrel."
Melania Trump gives one speech and suddenly the Crooked Hillary voters
are all about honesty, ethics, and integrity!
Oh, the irony of it all! ha ha ha!
Yeah... that's what Trump's head chimp tried to do too... blame Hillary
for Ballerinaghazi! It took them 3 days of stepping on their won
convention to admit what everyone knew 20 minutes after she "gave" the
speech.

You're nothing more than a second rate Trumpanzee.
--
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone
else. -M Mead
Fred Oinka
ballot." - Kelly Hines 2015
FPP
2016-07-19 21:51:12 UTC
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit.
It means your candidates wife is just as big a liar as your
candidate... that's all.
Another liar, in a long line of liars... and you're buying the con.

Dishonest Don isn't fit to be president... and that's based on just how
he's handled this puny controversy.
Who would put such a moron in charge of a car wash, much less the
United States of America?

Oh, I forgot... I guess the answer is a moron like YOU.
--
Pros and Cons of Trump University:
"Pro: Going to Graduation and putting on your White Cap and Gown."
"Con: Having a hard time seeing through the eye holes." - J. Fallon
Fred Oinka
2016-07-19 22:32:56 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit.
It means your candidates wife is just as big a liar as your
candidate... that's all.
Liar? Your candidate is HILLARY CLINTON!
trotsky
2016-07-20 11:19:21 UTC
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit.
It means your candidates wife is just as big a liar as your candidate...
that's all.
Another liar, in a long line of liars... and you're buying the con.
Dishonest Don isn't fit to be president... and that's based on just how
he's handled this puny controversy.
Who would put such a moron in charge of a car wash, much less the United
States of America?
Oh, I forgot... I guess the answer is a moron like YOU.
I disagree with what you're saying here. In order for it to mean "jack
shit" a fully functioning brain would be required, and Z grade
sockpuppet "Fred Oinka" doesn't qualify in that dept.
Fred Oinka
2016-07-20 22:01:23 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit.
It means your candidates wife is just as big a liar as your candidate...
that's all.
Another liar, in a long line of liars... and you're buying the con.
Dishonest Don isn't fit to be president... and that's based on just how
he's handled this puny controversy.
Who would put such a moron in charge of a car wash, much less the United
States of America?
Oh, I forgot... I guess the answer is a moron like YOU.
I disagree with what you're saying here. In order for it to mean "jack
shit" a fully functioning brain would be required, and Z grade
sockpuppet "Fred Oinka" doesn't qualify in that dept.
This from a Hillary supporter.
LOL!!
DoD
2016-07-21 03:48:56 UTC
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by trotsky
Post by FPP
Post by Fred Oinka
Post by FPP
Great Convention Speech by Melania Trump... too bad it was Michelle Obama's.
Too bad it doesn't mean jack shit.
It means your candidates wife is just as big a liar as your
candidate...
that's all.
Another liar, in a long line of liars... and you're buying the con.
Dishonest Don isn't fit to be president... and that's based on just how
he's handled this puny controversy.
Who would put such a moron in charge of a car wash, much less the United
States of America?
Oh, I forgot... I guess the answer is a moron like YOU.
I disagree with what you're saying here. In order for it to mean "jack
shit" a fully functioning brain would be required, and Z grade
sockpuppet "Fred Oinka" doesn't qualify in that dept.
This from a Hillary supporter.
LOL!!
This is all these people have.... They have nothing else except two lines
some speechwriter put in
Melania's speech.... It is funny.